Graphics Submission Contest Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rune

Rune's Awful Advert Reviews

15 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

Curiosity killed the cat, but it can't touch me.

Get yourself an icon! TREAT YO SELF

You get: TRAIN OF THOUGHT!  WOOO WOOOO! All aboard Rune's Brain Cage!

Holy shit that is a LONG description. Do I have to read it?
I have no idea who these people are. Canon characters probably. Man, this is probably important to the plot. I should mention that I've never seen any of these shows...
It says "the girls" a lot... 
I'm assuming the wild animals are the werewolves? And the recovery is... Vampires? This would probably be easier to follow if I had any idea who these people were. I'm a terrible choice to judge this ad.

When did you re open? Maybe add a date to that. And some more recent happenings. Or plans. UPCOMING SHENANIGANS!

14 hours ago, Mousie said:

Aiight, I'll bite! Savage me, Rune.

ppFePn.png
18 + | post-Potter | non-canon | set in australia

There's nowhere quite like Australia. And there's nowhere quite like Tallygarunga, Australia's backwater wizarding school----the only one unfortunate enough to be wholly government owned. 

The Victorian Ministry of Magic has a bone to pick with the people of Tallygarunga. Things are about to get shook up, and whether you're a resident, student, staff, or Ministry... there's no way this is going to end well.

Which side are you on? Tally? The Ministry? It's time to get off the fence. 
Welcome to
TALLYGARUNGA

GET STARTED | POSITIONS AVAILABLE | ADOPTABLES | CREATION GUIDE

You get: CRITIQUEY Gonna get JUDGEY!

Hell yeah kangaroos. Great job making it super Aussie. Oooh, rotating ones with super Australian animals would be ridiculously cool and probably more complicated than I know how to do. 

Oh god capitalize Australian and Harry Potter. Do it for my sanity. Also maybe just straight up add 18+ in the image.

Eliminate "set in Australia" - It says that. A lot. Maybe put the province/region/district/state/county/whatever Australians have instead?

So, like.

IMAGE THAT SAYS THE ABOVE

Post-Potter | Non-Canon | Set in Township, Australia. (Seriously, how DOES Australia work?)

Why do they have bones to pick? What has them so ornery? 

Good job on links! (Hopefully your image links as well. I think it does.)

On 4/8/2018 at 10:42 PM, Rune said:

Maybe more info on the types of characters you're after? Or about the town/setting. The emphasis on movies/tv shows seems weirdly misleading. Like you're secretly a John Wayne RP.

Having more site updates would be nice, too. Especially some IC ones!

I finally updated my RPG-I Directory listing to incorporate your suggestions. I am just hideous at writing ads and promotions, but I think it looks much better now.

Thank you so much! I'll add more updates as we progress further into the current episode!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

I finally updated my RPG-I Directory listing to incorporate your suggestions. I am just hideous at writing ads and promotions, but I think it looks much better now.

Thank you so much! I'll add more updates as we progress further into the current episode!

That looks wonderful!

• Love 1

Alright, I've only been a player or staff on other sites before, and while this is a very selective and careful necromancy of a 10+ year old world and story—my first PBP—we are finally ready to start inviting players. I'd love some feedback on how to make it interesting. 

Edited by Muse
I'm dumb.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:39 PM, Muse said:

Alright, I've only been a player or staff on other sites before, and while this is a very selective and careful necromancy of a 10+ year old world and story—my first PBP—we are finally ready to start inviting players. I'd love some feedback on how to make it interesting. 

Non-canon? Is there a source material I'm unaware of?

I'd swap your OOC description (whats currently the first paragraph) to the bottom and put the IC info at the top.  It mentions races at the bottom, are there non-human races you can be? A link to those might be handy, or at least mention of them somewhere. People go nuts for options. 

It comes across as Steampunky, but that's how most Victorian RP comes across. 

Sounds very cool, though it is a bit wordy. That can be a good thing if that's the sort of crew you're after.

All in All, B+. Missing a few things that could be super handy to have, but all in all good!