• Spotlight RPG
  • Spotlight RPG
  • Spotlight RPG
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Huli

Who wants a good girl to mess up their day?

So here's the deal. I have this character who will absolutely not leave me alone; I'm sure many of you can sympathize. Basically, imagine your typical highschool preppy popular girl. Now add in a heaping dose questionable under the table shenanigans, and fraternizing with people that a good girl like her should definitely not  be associating with, and you've got Lyra. A pretty little songbird in her gilded cage chirping out all the pretty songs that she'd been taught, while covertly trading in secrets and blackmail and using her silver tongue to spread rumours and ruin everyone who stands in her way. Yup. What a sweet and innocent darling. She's a handful.

I'm looking to place her in an urban fantasy setting, the grittier the better. Give me all your crime and corruption and moral ambiguity. I will eat it. She's always come from wealth and affluence, so if you've got a mafia family or a family of rich snobs on your site, I'd love to wriggle her in somehow. And if you need some sort of villain to ruin your character's day? Lyra makes friends as easily as she breathes, but she tosses them aside just as easily once they've no longer served their purpose and she's got a manipulative streak about a mile long. It's not unheard of for her to string someone along just for shits and giggles and then toss them aside once they no longer serve to entertain her. And if any of her friends are in danger of rising above her? She has gained the reputation of being a backstabber before, and it is not without reason.

In previous settings, she's been a model, a demigod, a non-demi god, a streetracer, a socialite, a student, a trophy wife/sugar baby in all but name... I can squeeze her into a variety of situations, as long as the basic premise of her backstory and personality can make sense. I've used like... three? Four? Different fcs for her in the past, so faces don't really matter to me as long as the choice is ultimately left up to me. As for what I'm looking for in a site:

• 3-3-3 rating
  • Urban fantasy. ~Edgy~ urban fantasy. I can also do school settings. However, if you have a game outside those parameters who can really do with a character like her, I might be persuaded to take a look at your site. I've played her in non-urban settings before, including historical and original, I'm just craving this specific flavour right now. Real life and fandom are my only hard and fast no's.
  • I need to be able to read your site. No tiny fonts, not just in posts but in the layout as well. A font size of at least 10px, minimum. No extreme low contrast between the bg and text, and no extreme high-contrast like neon orange and magenta, either. No gifs in the layout, app, and avatars, and I'd also prefer if your site layout is not too 'busy' and cluttered. Sorry if I sound picky, but I have visual processing issues and if I cannot stand to look at your site, I will not be joining. Sidebars occasionally wig me out, but not as much as before.
  • Basic app, or no app. Freeform is love. I'm so sick of applications, guys. I'm so tired.
  • No activity checks. I'm bipolar and my executive functioning comes and wanes, and I work a job with a very unpredictable schedule, to the point where my availability varies week by week and sometimes even day by day. I usually post at least a couple times a week, sometimes multiple times a day, and it is very rare for me to go more than a month between posts, but I cannot plan in advance when I do get busy. Even if I don't post, though, I try to check on my sites at least once every couple of days and I'll still try to chat.
  • Preferably no word count, but no one-liners, either. My replies can range from 200-1500 words. Yeah. It's a toss-up on whether I'll be Words Forever that day or not; I've actually got brain issues that make it hard for me to Words, period, and some days I go completely nonverbal. Gods only know why I chose writing as a hobby.
  • If you do have posting templates, I'd prefer they be not required. No posting templates at all would be ideal; see visual processing issues above.
  • None of my plots are set in stone, and whatever I plan for the future is more of a suggestion than anything solid. I'm one of those players who are led by my characters instead of the other way around, and sometimes they throw curveballs at me and decide to go in a completely different direction than what I'd envisioned. I'd like a similar environment with similar players who will feed off of that instead of viewing it as a disruption. If your site is very linear and structured with future plot points set in stone, it's probably not the right fit for me, sorry! On the other hand, if you don't have any solid idea of where to put Lyra on your site, fear not. I can make do.
  • I'm more comfortable with newer, smaller sites, but it's a very slight preference.

As an aside, Lyra does have villainous tendencies but I don't want to place her in solely villainous roles, you feel? Actually, she's always been sort of an anti-heroic character before, and I've mostly highlighted her bad traits above because I want to shake things up and explore her darker side for a change. She does have her redeeming traits, though, and I want to explore those as well. Remember what I said about moral ambiguity? I want that to actually be a thing instead of only stated for effect. Okay. Pretentious spiel over.

Aside #2: I'm very picky about sites from this genre, probably more than any other genre. If I don't join your site, worry not. It's not you, bby, it's me. I'm so damn picky it's ridiculous.

Edited by Huli

This is kind of a long shot, but Lyra sounds great so might as well! (Also excuse the mess, I'm on my phone.) 

Ark city is a powers rp that focuses on the harsh realism of a prejudiced society on the brink of civil war. We have a monthly activity check (it's one post a month). 

Otherwise, it seems like everything you're looking for we've got! (Our skin meets your criteria, but we do also have a large font version.)

The link is in my sidebar and my signature! Feel free to stop in~

• Like 1

Dead Before Daylight might be worth a look. 

• 3-3-3: anything goes. However our member base is generally not sexual content oriented, most of us prefer to fade to black and move on. 
  • No Word Count - our member base is plot progression focused over quantity. Plots actually move here, you won't find yourself muddling through the same old shit six months or a year down the line. 
  • No App required to play. Make your account, tell the staff what species they are in the allocated thread and start posting. You don't even have to wait for the account to be sorted into the right group. 
  • We have both a small town with dark secrets and a gritty large city setting to play with. Lyra sounds like she'd be a perfect fit working with the criminal organization running out of Corinth - lots of flexibility for her there. I already have thoughts about how a few of my characters would get on with her. 

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Cheers 1

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, guys! I've looked at all of them, and they all seem to be pretty good. Still hoping for some more options before making a decision(s), so if anyone else has a site that they want to throw at us, feel free ❤️

I've also made some minor edits to my initial post to include more information, because I wrote it at 2 a.m. when my ADHD meds had worn off, lol. And... it is again 2 a.m., after my ADHD meds have worn off... orz Why am I like this.