Surviving quiet phases

Sadrienne

This is my first site and it's been open just over 6 months. I too have noticed that when I go quiet, the site goes quiet... and I'm not the greatest at small talk to begin with. I have added on an admin and a few mods that keep the people happy when I can't. But what I do when quiet times hit or once a couple people leave/have disappeared is just advertise. >.< I already try to keep an optional plot going pretty much all of the time and add a lot of other interactive things to do along the way. This is a topic I want to start, OOC games and such.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I keep posting. I'm there for my enjoyment, but sometimes I'll fill it with advertising in site requests and whatnot. Sometimes it really just is the season--whether that's work or family or what have you, or sometimes literally everyone is travelling. It happens but you push through it, otherwise there's nothing happening at all!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

luxaf.png

This is so incredibly helpful. Thank you! We just did a move from Proboards to jcink, and it's been basically dead silent. We want more members and we advertise like mad. We even became a patron today, here! But I'm worried the effort will be for nothing...

• Like 1

Don't worry @AriettaMelody! All boards go through quiet times, especially after big changes! You'll have to get new players to your new jcink board. Just keep writing and they will come!

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Zahhy said:

Don't worry @AriettaMelody! All boards go through quiet times, especially after big changes! You'll have to get new players to your new jcink board. Just keep writing and they will come!

I sure hope so! 🙂 Thank you!