Shipper Apps

CovertSphinx

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't require a long app and its main goal is to facilitate plots, it just makes sense to have everything in one place. I wouldn't put all the focus on romance, however, unless that was the actual point of the game.

UNMASQUED

Vampires are real. Now the world knows about them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a terrible person and almost never manage to follow through on plotter discussions >.> Skype/PM just feels so much more natural to me because you can hash out details more privately? I don't know if this is me being anxious, old-fashioned, or awesome and am choosing to go with the latter because it makes me feel coolest 😎

This also means that joining boards with shipper apps is 100% out for me. I did try it once but ehhhhhh

IKiE2z.png

They're my least favorite type of app, tbh. Plotters are fine, I like to be like "Here's some plot ideas I can see doing with this character/that I want to do with them eventually." But the whole Friends/Enemies/Lovers thing? Eh. I can do without it. 

I have more fun discovering relationships with characters unless it's a writing partner I've written with for some time and have some chemistry with. Then I'll be like "Hey, you think we could do X and Y?" Otherwise, it's mostly "organic" as they said in my hey-day. 

Reality is an illusion. 

While I'm all for organic relationships, the shipper app consolidates so you don't have yet another template to tend to and another board to go when stalking characters. I don't put up want ads but I do like the shipper app because it allows you to put more details about your character in their profile. It just makes sense to me to keep all info about your character in one place. And if others want to reach out and play your with character, they can. These responses to your shipper app remain there if you want to refer back to ideas, ect. where as on a chat, you'll have to go digging. Plus not everyone has discord or enjoys cboxes, some people just like using the forum. ❤️

1 hour ago, Monroe said:

While I'm all for organic relationships, the shipper app consolidates so you don't have yet another template to tend to and another board to go when stalking characters. I don't put up want ads but I do like the shipper app because it allows you to put more details about your character in their profile. It just makes sense to me to keep all info about your character in one place. And if others want to reach out and play your with character, they can. These responses to your shipper app remain there if you want to refer back to ideas, ect. where as on a chat, you'll have to go digging. Plus not everyone has discord or enjoys cboxes, some people just like using the forum. ❤️

This is why a lot of forums have a plotter section. I dislike c-boxes because things get buried and discord reminds me too much of twitter, (mainly because of the chat-style nature of it) so I prefer a proper place to write things and refer back to. I'm not that comfortable with using skype - having my voice and a video of me transmitted over the internet.

1 hour ago, Icewolf said:

This is why a lot of forums have a plotter section. I dislike c-boxes because things get buried and discord reminds me too much of twitter, (mainly because of the chat-style nature of it) so I prefer a proper place to write things and refer back to. I'm not that comfortable with using skype - having my voice and a video of me transmitted over the internet.

Yes, I was just saying that in my opinion, combining app and plotter is neater and easier. I find it handier to have all info in one place, instead of looking at someone's app then having to go to their plotter. Plus it's easier on the members, being able to do it all in one place. But of course, to each their own. ^.^

• Agree 1