You know you're a roleplayer when...

Sadrienne

We have weird (and wonderful) habits as roleplayers. Some of them even sneak into the real world! 

What are those weird habits you have that make you really think "Yeeeeeeeeep, I am a roleplayer".

You know you're a roleplayer when...

• You post for someone, and then obsessively check the online list to see if they're reading it yet.
  • You look at things in shops because "omg x character would love that!"
  • You can switch from the mindset of a 51-year-old man to that of a twelve-year-old girl in as little time as it takes to load a new page.
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 1

[Image: oZwmoj.png]
the australian potterverse | we're back in black

Riding in the car and a song comes on, first thought: This would be so awesome for _________ post!

Watching a tv show/movie and immediately having character ideas.

Doing all the homework on a character you're excited about (end up learning multitudes of things)

Learning far better customer service techniques than can ever be learned at a job or through school.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

spacer.pngDecadence

You can write on the fly from multiple character points of view.

You Google search weird things but actually have a reason to do so.

• Agree 1
  • LOL 1

WoL___dark01.png

You Google search clothing your character should wear in general or for a special site event

You start imagining real life scenarios as if they were written down for RP.

You make soundtracks/playlists on Spotify/youtube/whatever for your character(s)

• Your Google search history somehow makes it look like you're simultaneously a serial killer and an aspiring chef. (I've googled both "How to make the perfect brownie" and "how much force does it take to break a sternum")
  • You get asked about a certain actor and when someone asks "Oh, what have they been in?" you take a solid minute to answer because idk I just know them as a face claim isn't an acceptable answer.
  • Related to Google search history: You look up the symptoms of pregnancy and now Google ads think you're pregnant.
  • You end up on 112478 email newsletters you don't really want because you needed to do research for a character.
  • Agree 1

• You can watch an absolute crap show/movie and yet still be compelled to work with it because it has potential with a few tweaks, it had promise but it wasn't executed well, was aimed at the wrong demographic etc...
  • You hide your browsing history or worry that some of those search terms might land you on a government 'watch list'
  • Someone in rl asks you about pinterest... and then you quietly evade because the majority of your boards are rp related and that's a discussion you don't want to have. 
  • You watch a lot of stuff you have little interest in because you want to know if that content fits the aesthetic of your character/see if it's a useful source of imagery. 
  • You often rush from the shower/car etc because the 'most awesome character or post phrasing/concept' naturally came to you when you were away from the computer and you need to jot it down because you WILL forget. 

On 5/7/2018 at 2:09 AM, Morpheus said:
  • You hide your browsing history or worry that some of those search terms might land you on a government 'watch list'

Also...

When you look at the actor of your favorite character acting a different way than the writer writes them in rp and think to yourself 'you are doing it wrong.' That is NOT how -insert rp character here- would do that

vCblB2.png

canon characters and oc's welcome

• 4 weeks later...

When it's 2:30am and I'm leaving a message for my old college professor about a science question Google or any medical friends can't answer. I could probably BS it all and label it "FANTASY SCIENCE" but I don't want to. I need to know if this is a thing and how it's possible.

I can just imagine the look on her face when she checks her messages before milking to cows and feeding the chickens. This is probably not how she wants to start her f*ing morning. 

I'll send her a card during Teacher Appreciation Week. That should make up for the random weirdness. 

poke_clash2.png

vPhN5b.png                      

A supernatural fantasy about spirit animals set in Somerset, Pennsylvania

When you're at least 80% sure your google history has you on some kind of CIA Watchlist.

• LOL 3

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEWCKgBEF5IWvKriq

13 hours ago, Val said:

When you're at least 80% sure your google history has you on some kind of CIA Watchlist.

Not only on about 3 watchlists, but your browsing history makes you look like a serial killer... (I dread the person that goes through mine!)

spacer.pngDecadence

You listen to the same playlist every day because it's your characters muse. 

• Agree 2

• 2 months later...

When your RL friends wanna catch up and all you can talk about is your site and characters.

When you have 18 taps open for research on any given day. 

When you ask your family members for baby names and they have given up expecting you to get pregnant. 

When you write something you feel a great work of art but in order to share it you have to explain the site plot and characters first. 

When your family wants dinner, but you're in the middle of a post and therefore too busy to cook.

b2vXT2.png

When you know advanced Excel formulas only because fuck you I'm not calculating these character stats by hand.

Related: When your roleplay campaign becomes a running project in your statistics class because fuck you i crunched all these numbers and you ungrateful shits don't appreciate the work I do as a GM but at least my professor will give me a B for it. 

Taking extra notes in geology like fuck you I've already described the terrain for this world  I might as well be accurate about gemstones in the evil talisman.

• LOL 1

Glub glub.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:39 PM, Sadrienne said:

• You can switch from the mindset of a 51-year-old man to that of a twelve-year-old girl in as little time as it takes to load a new page.

So this is what my husband marvels over the most when it comes to roleplay. He can't fathom being able to leap from one POV to the next in a span of a page click. I'm like, dude, I'm definitely not the only one!

• Fuck Yeah! 1

Reality is an illusion. 

You start pointing out all the Tropes in TV/Movies and get snobby about how the writers decided to (in your opinion) wrongly execute said tropes and plot devices. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg