You know you're a roleplayer when...

Sadrienne

When you start talking about all of the character ideas you have in your head and your significant other looks like you like you're crazy. THEN when said significant other finds out about your favorite ship and tries to call it by your ship name but gets it so terribly wrong that it becomes and inside joke for your RP friends. 

Also when you have to describe your RP habits as 'collaborative writing' because your IRL friends get the wrong idea when you said "online roleplay". 

Oh, Oh! AND WHEN you have a notebook with you at work and you get yelled at for 'journaling' when you're really making character and plot notes. If I wanted to journal, I wouldn't journal at work! lol

Ad.png

I've read all of these and can relate to 99.9 percent.

My co-workers are used to my 'weirdness' and 'quirkiness' and many of them look for quotes, images for texture design or face-claims.

They might not understand but it's generally accepted.  It better be, after 20 years!

• Like 1

mC51f48.png

... I feel... so many of these.

My addition tho is:

when people repeatedly insist that something 'must be wrong' because you seem distracted/far away/whatever. ... No. Nothing is wrong, I'm writing a post in my mind / figuring out how a plot should go / remembering something I meant to ask my partner...

I used to get it all the time. Thankfully my current housemates are at least familiar with the fact that I write all the time and don't think I'm (too) crazy bc I'm distracted.

Also when you unironically inform someone that your character is demanding you write with them / write a specific thing / whatever.

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

When your search histories involve titles such as, The mind of a psychopath, or how to build a bomb... Followed by things like: deconstructing the mind, the weight of plate armor, or even the steps of mourning. I’m sure that anyone reading my search history out of context would be very concerned.

• Preach it! 1

903463525_fish-bottlecopy.png.a7f351980f4f165fa67d95fe6297fae5.png

When your spouse goes "Babe, why are you trolling the internet for pictures of hot grandpas?"

• LOL 4

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

When your friends see your writing playlist and ask "So is it you or your character that unironically likes terrible 80s music?"

• LOL 2

• 3 weeks later...

You set time in your day to go online and roleplay or spend the day trying to write out an rp post so it'll be easy to type out later!

Hey!

• 1 month later...

When you have so many ideas for new characters that you know at least 75% will never see the light of day.  OR when you have all these ideas but the next character you make is ultra similar to kinds you've made before because you can't resist. lol

560477986_OmneTopsitesBanner.jpg.e4efd3b88a4bc89491a2b81775acca91.jpg

Link

• 5 weeks later...

All of these! I so relate! With the addition of developing an irrational hate or negative response to seeing a certain actor, musician etc, on tv. Because someone using their face somewhere has now instilled it in you.

Anonymous poster hash: 6d8c8...ea4

...you are unable to watch a TV show without inspecting every single face for what kind of character you could stick them on >.<

• Like 1
  • Preach it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

You see a cool outfit, or hear that song and you know it would fit x, y and/or z character and then your mind just goes to that little special happy place where you play with said characters.

I swear it's not as creepy as it sounds...

• Love 1

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

watching vine compilations/other funny videos on youtube and immediately knowing which of your characters(or your partners'/friends' characters) they would fit, or which ones would be doing the stupid things to begin with and finding it ten times funnier than it really is

mentally crafting soundtracks for different character plotlines/threads. yes, i do individual character playlists, but i also do this with certain plotlines. i know i have a bit of a problem LOL

• Agree 1

Doing comms on the phone while waiting for a movie to start. 😉

Reality is an illusion. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a terrible habit of watching a television show or movie and recognizing the actors as certain face claims.  =/

• Love 1

• 4 months later...

When PB does not mean peanut butter anymore.

When you call actors by their character names. Sometimes even Google them that way before catching yourself.

When your pinterest boards reach 20k pins.

When you've written enough for a few novels but haven't actually written your real novel. 

When you pause after searching through this actor's entire life for a set of site pics, and wonder what he would think. 

When it's that actor's fault his pics don't fit your aesthetic and he needs to do more movies or photoshoots, damn it.

When your kid starts trying to use your handle at school. 

When you start tearing up at a sad post like it's the movies.

• Cheers 2