Icyboards is closing, we can help! Read more... ×
The Initiative's 2018 Roleplay Community Awards Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gota

A few IPS questions

Another question. How do you do a bar that is even higher than the logo/banner? Like the bar with This months spotlight RPGs (I'm not even sure if I want to put something there, the bar alone seems like a good way to make the header look better)

I just added the HTML to my globalTemplate and then the CSS to style it into my custom.css.

<uppernav class="ipsClearfix upperNav ipsResponsive_hidePhone">
              <div class='ipsLayout_container'>
                <ul class="ipsList_inline ipsPos_left">
                  <li><a href="https://rpginitiative.com/forum/14-staff-contact-center/" data-ipstooltip title="Have you read our FAQ ->">Contact the Staff</a></li>
                  <li><a href="https://rpginitiative.com/faq/">FAQ</a></li>
                  <li><a href="https://rpginitiative.com/store/category/2-patronage/">Become a Patron</a></li>
                </ul>
                <span class="ipsPos_right"><a href="https://rpginitiative.com/forum/101-spotlight-challenges/">This months Spotlight RPGs</a></span>
              </div>
            </uppernav>

Inserted directly above the <header> in the globalTemplate

usernav, upperNav {
  display: block;

}

.fulluserNav, .upperNav {
  background: #000;
  width: 100%;
  padding: 5px;
  height: 45px;
}
.upperNav a {
  color: #fff;
}

upperNav > div {
  padding: 8px 15px !important;
  font-size: 15px;
  font-family: Soleto;
  text-transform: uppercase;
}
upperNav span {
  margin-right: 130px;
}

@Gota

Looks awesome. I love the color scheme.

The only thing I saw, and I might be using the wrong terminology - might want to adjust the padding of your top mini-navbar (sign-in / search). There's a small gap between it and the very top of the page.

Most everything was easy to find, laid out well. 

You're an inspiration! I'm trying to gear myself up to moving all of my site's lore off of my WordPress wiki to Pages at my IPS forum. The sticking point is that I love having the headings in our special Google Font: Rye. IPS offers enlarging text so they look like headings, but they don't have to option of having actual "headings" create tables of contents and displaying in a different font.

Anyway - went off-topic there! Sorry.

I really like your site! Were I able to tackle another RPG, I'd be tempted to join.

• Love 1

Yes, that is the section I mean. 

If you take a screenshot and post in the support forum at IPS Focus, Ehren usually helps people out really quick. Most of the time, it's just copy and paste a bit of code to custom.css.

Good luck with your site!

• Thank you 1

So, I've come somewhat far with our site now but I'm still a bit unsure about a few things. Like, are the forums done properly? Dunno if it's too much if there is both RPing by places and events as separate forums so that people can choose where they post in. I'm also not sure if the rules and other stuff in the information forum are good the way they are. The same goes for the databases. And I feel like I might need to hire someone to edit a few wiki pages because they don't really look that neatly written.

https://soulowls.rpginit.com/

I guess what I want to know is if everything seems fine like it is and maybe some advice on how to make things more interesting for potential players.

On 7/9/2018 at 11:34 PM, Gota said:

Dunno if it's too much if there is both RPing by places and events as separate forums so that people can choose where they post in.

This is more of a general opinion and not particular to IPS. If it helps reassure you though, I've seen admins put events in seperate forums and that's worked well.

The other stuff is more appropriate for a review, which I think I saw you post for a review anyway?

On 7/9/2018 at 11:34 PM, Gota said:

And I feel like I might need to hire someone to edit a few wiki pages because they don't really look that neatly written.

I feel like the better answer is to use IPS's wiki style pages? I think I remember you explaining why you didn't like that option? I might be thinking of someone else but I think that just using pages is a better use of your resources. Of course, I am assuming that you bought that add on!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Kit the Human said:

I feel like the better answer is to use IPS's wiki style pages? I think I remember you explaining why you didn't like that option? I might be thinking of someone else but I think that just using pages is a better use of your resources. Of course, I am assuming that you bought that add on!

The thing with that was that we also use the Wiki for our other website and as a go to place for people that read our VNs, so I can't really move it from there since these people might not care about the RP site at all and I can have it centralized for all sites there.