FFXIV anyone?

Sorry if this thread already exists! I do not know how to search for threads here...

Anyway!

• Do you play FFXIV? (Or are you planning/considering to play FFXIV?)

• What server do you play on? :3

• What are your favourite things about FFXIV?

• Show your character's on lodestone, too, if you want!

I currenly play on Cactuar in the NA servers, but I originally hail from Jenova. I first started playing the day FFXIV:ARR came out in Amurrica. I have to say that my favourite part - once upon a time - was exploring the world for the first time. It was just so beautiful and magical that I could happily get lost in it (while looking at their amazing night sky). XD Now, I enjoy the masochistic grind for tomes with my buddies. Other than that, I've really come to like the story in HW and SB. :)

THE VAULT.

Yes. Yes I play. ARR through to the end of Stormblood, lovelovelove. RDM for lyfe.

I managed to snag a place on Balmung, a couple of days before they blocked all transfers. I haven't played in a while, still getting over SB. That game made my heart hurt so many times, and of course the post-Vault distress. Moenbryda. And the constant desire to slap Minfilia.

Because. Sure, Minfilia... give me a special communicator so that we can talk long distance... that you'll only ever use to call me back to Waking Sands. To chat. -__-

• Cheers 1

[Image: oZwmoj.png]
the australian potterverse | we're back in black

30 minutes ago, Mousie said:

THE VAULT.

Yes. Yes I play. ARR through to the end of Stormblood, lovelovelove. RDM for lyfe.

I managed to snag a place on Balmung, a couple of days before they blocked all transfers. I haven't played in a while, still getting over SB. That game made my heart hurt so many times, and of course the post-Vault distress. Moenbryda. And the constant desire to slap Minfilia.

Because. Sure, Minfilia... give me a special communicator so that we can talk long distance... that you'll only ever use to call me back to Waking Sands. To chat. -__-

Ugh gosh, yes, SB hurt my soul so bad, too. I almost cheated on Raubahn for Zenos in spirit (almost, but Raubahn is my honey :| ) BUT EVEN SO, UGH. UGH. And then the patche after -- soul shattering. I'm just getting back into FFXIV as well ;w; (Have to re-download it on my PC and weep over needing to re-assemble my hotbars for the second time. orz) My main is AST + BRD, and learning DRK. :3 RDM is pretty cool. I didn't think I'd like it, but I think I prefer it over SAM so far? Not sure!

I don't even think my net could HANDLE a server as densely populated as Balmung. xD That's impressive.

Funny enough, I just can't get myself to like Minfilia. I should, but... (Forgive me, Minnnieee) Is she your favourite character?

Eeeeeee FF14 :-D! I'm legacy, played back when the game was awful! My "main" is on Excalibur, and I haven't actually done anything with her in a while. My brother and a friend played with me there and they both quit 😞 Sad days. And I was honestly running out of stuff for her to do. I think she's still got warrior, machinist, and monk to level, and they're in the 60's. Everything else is max level.

My other character I made with another friend to play on his server! Originally Malboro, but I moved to Behemoth. She's a 70 RDM, SMN/SCH, BLM, um... prob other things but memory. I main RDM though (I actually main RDM on both of them. Love me some RDM). I've been leveling my tanks recently, though. My favorite tank is a toss-up between WAR and DRK. I think WAR is more fun but DRK has the BEST storylines. I will fight anyone who says any storyline is better than DRK 30-50, and DRK 60-70 is a damn close second. Also in sheer cool factor, MCH is the coolest class in the game and I will FIGHT YOU. 

I don't really play seriously. I generally do my leveling and 50/60 roulettes, ant/bird dailies in Sward and snek/turtle dailies in SB, and at least one set of hunts a day. If I'm feeling spicy I do a few other dungeons. But I liked Stormblood's story SO much better than Sward's. Sward got good at the end, but it felt really... anime to me. Stormblood was like that a lot too but Zenos ❤️ I cheated on my Admiral for him but he was amazing.  And I loved the story through the Azim Steppe. That place was amazing, and not just cuz it was full of sexy scalemen.

And Minfilia is an idiot. God I hated her. It was a blessed relief to not have to deal with her idiocy anymore. -_- 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Kittenmitten said:

Eeeeeee FF14 :-D! I'm legacy, played back when the game was awful! 😞

I think WAR is more fun but DRK has the BEST storylines. I will fight anyone who says any storyline is better than DRK 30-50, and DRK 60-70 is a damn close second. Also in sheer cool factor, MCH is the coolest class in the game and I will FIGHT YOU. 

I don't really play seriously. I generally do my leveling and 50/60 roulettes, ant/bird dailies in Sward and snek/turtle dailies in SB, and at least one set of hunts a day. If I'm feeling spicy I do a few other dungeons. But I liked Stormblood's story SO much better than Sward's. Sward got good at the end, but it felt really... anime to me. Stormblood was like that a lot too but Zenos ❤️ I cheated on my Admiral for him but he was amazing.  And I loved the story through the Azim Steppe. That place was amazing, and not just cuz it was full of sexy scalemen.

And Minfilia is an idiot. God I hated her. It was a blessed relief to not have to deal with her idiocy anymore. -_- 

Funny enough, I got the original FFXIV thinking it was (in actuality) FFXV, didn't even know MMO's were a thing. I started to play and was like "wtf is this? e_e" I think I got between levels 10-17 before quitting and never looking back. XD The ending of the original did look pretty cool, though! (Sad about the others. :c Why didn't you move your main to another server? Is it for the novelty or are there stilly plenty of amigos there?)

I FRICKEN LOVE THE DRK STORYLINE! As a healer, I am not fond of healing DRKs but I totally try to tank as one for the story. XD The storyline for 50-60 was so disappointing, though. : / Glad it gets better 60-70 (from the sounds of it).

I play pretty casually like you, too, though I do love me some raids.~ (the kinds that are more like dungeons and less like trials. Not a fan of trials usually. XD) I also preferred SB more than HW, though HW was really good in itself. I think the setting and nature of SB just suits me more. The Azim steppes were amazing, and when I first saw those reddish leafed trees in when we first journeyed into "Mhigan" territory (forgive me, I forget the exact names of the areas, lol), it was just... sparkles everywhere, haha.

Poor Minfilia! XDD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Funny enough, I got the original FFXIV thinking it was (in actuality) FFXV, didn't even know MMO's were a thing. I started to play and was like "wtf is this? e_e" I think I got between levels 10-17 before quitting and never looking back. XD The ending of the original did look pretty cool, though! (Sad about the others. :c Why didn't you move your main to another server? Is it for the novelty or are there stilly plenty of amigos there?)

I FRICKEN LOVE THE DRK STORYLINE! As a healer, I am not fond of healing DRKs but I totally try to tank as one for the story. XD The storyline for 50-60 was so disappointing, though. : / Glad it gets better 60-70 (from the sounds of it).

I play pretty casually like you, too, though I do love me some raids.~ (the kinds that are more like dungeons and less like trials. Not a fan of trials usually. XD) I also preferred SB more than HW, though HW was really good in itself. I think the setting and nature of SB just suits me more. The Azim steppes were amazing, and when I first saw those reddish leafed trees in when we first journeyed into "Mhigan" territory (forgive me, I forget the exact names of the areas, lol), it was just... sparkles everywhere, haha.

Poor Minfilia! XDD

Yeah I WISH I'd actually played the original more. It was so bad, I was kinda in and out a lot. It was really trying way too hard to NOT be FFXI (which I also played, was my first MMO <3) that it was just... awful. I wish I'd played more and finished the storyline, though 😞 And idk I leave her there because they come back now and then and play, and I'm also super cheap XD And novelty, I guess. I honestly don't mind leveling new characters. I made a dragon dude on my first server just to have something to do, and he's almost 60, and going through the story a third time helps see some nuances I missed. And I have a legacy account, so I can have 8 characters per server :3 

DRK ❤️❤️❤️ Honestly it's balanced at max level, but even leveling it's not... *that* bad. I leveled my DRK with my brother's SCH from 60-70 when SCH could get outhealed by a chocobo (idk if they're still bad, but they were *bad*), and we didn't have many problems. I think DRK prob just need to play more carefully than PLD and not pull the whole world. Stupid PLDs and their stupid Clemency >: / 

I do try to do Rabanstre once a week, but that's about as far as my raiding goes. Party finder scares me because I haven't done anything, and they're all "must know everything ever and be about 10 ilvl above the gear you get from here" so yeah, screw that. But it is just such a PRETTY game. Like I came from WoW, and I think WoW's pretty, but it's got nothing on FF14. I really love exploring everything, and like, hunting aether currents to fly in a zone is great for that. 

1 hour ago, Kittenmitten said:

Yeah I WISH I'd actually played the original more. It was so bad, I was kinda in and out a lot. It was really trying way too hard to NOT be FFXI (which I also played, was my first MMO <3) that it was just... awful. I wish I'd played more and finished the storyline, though 😞 And idk I leave her there because they come back now and then and play, and I'm also super cheap XD And novelty, I guess. I honestly don't mind leveling new characters. I made a dragon dude on my first server just to have something to do, and he's almost 60, and going through the story a third time helps see some nuances I missed. And I have a legacy account, so I can have 8 characters per server :3 

DRK ❤️❤️❤️ Honestly it's balanced at max level, but even leveling it's not... *that* bad. I leveled my DRK with my brother's SCH from 60-70 when SCH could get outhealed by a chocobo (idk if they're still bad, but they were *bad*), and we didn't have many problems. I think DRK prob just need to play more carefully than PLD and not pull the whole world. Stupid PLDs and their stupid Clemency >: / 

I do try to do Rabanstre once a week, but that's about as far as my raiding goes. Party finder scares me because I haven't done anything, and they're all "must know everything ever and be about 10 ilvl above the gear you get from here" so yeah, screw that. But it is just such a PRETTY game. Like I came from WoW, and I think WoW's pretty, but it's got nothing on FF14. I really love exploring everything, and like, hunting aether currents to fly in a zone is great for that. 

Yeah, I wish I had played through the original, too. That ending. ❤️ Ugh. I also wish I had played FFXI. I got that as a little kid (I think maybe 13?), also thinking it was a regular FF game, but when I uploaded it told me to insert a credit card number and whatnot for monthly fees, and I was so disappointed. xD Back then, my mum didn't have a debit card and I didn't feel right asking her to pay for a subscription. I thought about trying it recently, but I think the sub is way too pricey for a much older MMO that hasn't even been updated HUD/etc. wise. (I am a snob, yes I am. XD)

As for Dark Knights, I definitely think it depends on the player. Many people definitely treat it like it's a Paladin with top knotch defence stats + gear, when they don't have the defence stats of a paladin. I almost never have a dark knight die on me, but they do tend to really hurt my MP, and most of the time they don't wait for my MP to recover when it gets really low. I'm good enough as a healer where I can MP manage and make sure I very rarely ever drop to zero MP even with Dark Knights, but sometimes... When there is the good rare DRK, it's really grand cuz I can use Gravity, do big heals when necessary, aoe stun or attack/heal, etc. without ever aggroing. Warrior is really good at maintaining aggro as well. I almost never get aggro from a warrior, but it does happen now and then. During levelling, any tank will suck if they take on too big of pulls for their ilvl/skills/knowledge of the layout/etc. so I don't really quite count that. (I find DRK to be the easiest to play, and I also like its animations the best.)

Party Finder is very intimidating. :x I only use it for practise runs, but I almost always go with friends, too. I've used PF for unsynched ex primals for the bird drops (got a Ravana bird but none of the others xD), and  to learn Susano and Lakshmi ex. I'M SO GLAD A WoW PLAYER LOVES FFXIV, TOO. XD I've met many WoW players on FFXIV who just trashed on FFXIV for being hard (???) and boring, and saying they'd unsub FFXIV and go back to WoW, etc. The most vocal of any group are usually the worst, admittedly. FFXIV really is pretty. ❤️ *w* I really love their night sky.