• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon

DBD Review

Your Name: DragonBlue
Link to your site: dawnbreak.org
Link to your staff account on the RPG: http://dawnbreak.org/index.php?showuser=1
What you are looking to have reviewed: 

Visual Appeal:  Is it easy to read/easy to navigate? Is the layout appealing? What draws your attention the most?

Impressions:  Does the board look active? Overwhelming? Slow? 

Information: Can you find it? Is it clear? Are you able to get to the next bit of information you want/need within a couple of clicks?

Presentation: Do character profiles look neat? Member directory listing? 

Application: Is it clear how our application process works? Are there improvements that could be made? 

Features: What features stick out to you on the site? Are there any that could be added to improve experience? 

Community: If you have the time/motivation, have a chat to the crew in Discord. Give us a brief overview of how welcoming/knowledgeable etc the vibe is. 

Visual Appeal:  Is it easy to read/easy to navigate? Is the layout appealing? What draws your attention the most?

-It's easy to read, one of the easier ones I've come across. The banner is very tall, which is a lot but it's not a bad thing, just noticeably so.  Also, while this might be out of place in the critique the "Urban" fantasy roleplay comment, makes me think of a 'city city'. While that may be because I literally live right near NY (haha) the picture of a forest does contrast that. But again, this might be my misunderstanding of "urban". 

The forums are clean and easy to read, easy to understand. One thing that draws the eye is that the numbers "topics and replies" is very large but I think that's barely a concern. Overall the design is good, I am a fan of color forum images and it looks good. 

Impressions:  Does the board look active? Overwhelming? Slow? 

-The forum looks active, many posts within the past 2 weeks (though I guess that's dependant on one's opinion of active or not) but it looks good. The discord helps this, as you can see current chat. 

Information: Can you find it? Is it clear? Are you able to get to the next bit of information you want/need within a couple of clicks?

-Information is decently easy to find, I cannot complain that it was difficult. You guys do not suffer from and overabundance of information, and that is a good thing. Kudos!

Presentation: Do character profiles look neat? Member directory listing? 

-Member profiles are nice, a bit tall but good. The member directory is one I've seen before, but it's not bad. 

Application: Is it clear how our application process works? Are there improvements that could be made? 

-Love the app. Hate complicated apps, especially on original boards, it's unnecessary. Yours is the perfect amount!
Features: What features stick out to you on the site? Are there any that could be added to improve experience? 

Community: If you have the time/motivation, have a chat to the crew in Discord. Give us a brief overview of how welcoming/knowledgeable etc the vibe is. 

-Don't have time haha. BUT I know a few of your people and they are awesome!

• Thank you 1

Thank you for taking the time! I really appreciate it. 

On 6/21/2018 at 6:48 PM, ObiWanJabroni said:

Also, while this might be out of place in the critique the "Urban" fantasy roleplay comment, makes me think of a 'city city'. While that may be because I literally live right near NY (haha) the picture of a forest does contrast that. But again, this might be my misunderstanding of "urban". 

I just wanted to follow up here - it made me realize that I set the wrong skin to default by mistake the other day. Would you mind one more go for the skin that's supposed to be up? 

@ObiWanJabroni

So that's pretty funny! Glad I helped out!

While the whole review isn't needed agian. I'll say that this skin is FAR better and far better suits your setting. So Kudos again!

The only complaints I have and it's me being me, is that the banner has pixelated images as part of it. And the title is insanely subtle, to the point where I didn't see it at first. I think it would benefit from being a bit smaller but again, that's just preference. 

Keep up the good work!

@Dragon

On 6/23/2018 at 12:51 PM, ObiWanJabroni said:

the banner has pixelated images as part of it

I have to operate off a really small screen these days so things like that don't stand out for me. Which bits are displaying pixelation?