Veteran Player Hello!

I have been roleplaying for 20 years. I know seems impossible, but I am reaching out to learn more about the present day community and how I can improve my own playing experience for myself and for my community. I am excited to learn and talk over all sorts of things. I have three children and somehow find the time to run a board. I have a bachelor's in History and hope to have a real teaching job some day.  Right now I just have a blast being a sub.

• How long have you been RPing?
    • I have been playing for 20 years. Started in the AOL chatrooms... you oldies remember how much fun it was when they gave us the colored font upgrade?!
  • What are your favorite RP genres?
    • Historical and Hunger Games
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?
    • Forum
  • What country are you from?
    • Midwest US
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have?
    • I sew, draw, teach, and play volleyball sometimes.
  • What's your favorite color?
    • Teal, Grey, Purple
  • What's your favorite drink?
    • Diet Coke for life.
  • Like 1

Issy - 20 year veteran roleplayer.

Hi there Shimmer. Welcome to the Initiative. There's plenty to see and do here so don't be shy. 🙂

spacer.pngDecadence

Welcome @SHIMMERSHISSY! Great to see another old timer here! 😎  Hope we get an opp to chat off and on.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Hello Shimmer!!! I'm an old AOL vet and avid historical lover as well! Where did you play on AOL? I love hearing these stories!

Also remember the color font AND when we could even make our profiles all black with colorful font!? ^.^

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• Admin

My first AOL user was PoisenJenny because my mom spelled Poison wrong and I was obsessed with Poison Ivy back then.

Anyways, welcome to the Initiative @SHIMMERSHISSY there is a Historical Coterie you can join to talk history with other like minded people:

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Hello from another historical lover! What times and settings do you like best?

• 2 weeks later...

@SHIMMERSHISSY

Hellooooo! Welcome to the Initiative! I hope you've settled in nicely and found yourself at home. I, too, am a midwesterner - born and raised in the middle of a cornfield in Indiana. It's nice meeting people from the same part of the country. Anyway, please let myself or another staff member know if you have any questions at all. We're here to help! I hope to chat with you in the forums, and also....

Diet Coke for lyfe. 

xoxo ❤️

Ad.png

Do you remember when AOL put out their CDs in those tins? OMG. I kept too many of them for a while but finally let them all go.

Colored text. I laughed a bit too hard at that. It hurts to be old. 😉

Welcome!

Thorns: Uprising
A Unique Victorian Fantasy Play-by-Post RPG

LORE | FORUM | CHARACTER CENSUS | WANTED ADS | DISCORD

I started on Neopets myself, I didn't do much live chat roleplaying. But salutations from one oldie to another! This will be my 20th year in text based roleplay as well. Crazy isn't it? I thought I would grow too old to be doing this but alas, 30 years old and I am still going strong and loving every minute of it. 🙂 Glad to see there are many more out there, that I'm not the only one that hasn't "grown out of it". Lovin' it! Also, from one newb to another, welcome!

Edited by Monroe