Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Icewolf - I'm sorry that you're experiencing problems with your host. I will be writing a guide to step people through the specifics of bringing their icyboards database to a new host but that will be specific to the Initiative as I can not cover all the specifics for every host available to users.

If your host uses cpanel, you will want to go to cpanel (details should habe been emailed to you), click on phpmyadmin, click on the database you want to work with and click on import to import your database.

If that doesn't help, I will be able to write the guide tomorrow. It might help you.

Otherwise, I would urge you to contact your chosen host. Part of the fee you pay is to receive assistance from them!

Hi. So nice that you're still offering this. :) I was thinking of migrating with my boards over to JCink once John has finished with the converter. But on the other hand getting to stick with MyBB is very tempting. If I moved over to JCink I would opt for the yearly Premium subscription which would come to 6,65 USD per month. I might as well donate it to Initiative through hosting payments if that is an acceptable monthly amount for that? But before I decide anything, I'll browse JCink a bit more, and actually have a couple of more questions:

- I'd be able to have all my 6 boards on JCink under that one subscription fee. Which is a freaking amazing deal. Would that be possible with you?

- Is there any threat of Initiative not being able to offer forum hosting anymore in the foreseeable future? Moving sucks and I've had to do it several times with some of my sites.

I really wish I had the time and skill to self-host my boards, or rather the time to learn how to do it. After all I do have a large web hotel and a domain. But as is...Still sticking to somebody else's service.

As someone who has just purchased her own server as well, I can offer help in any way you all may need. I haven't moved my stuff yet, but I will caution a word of warning on the move.

I did this FROM Jcink to a self-host and thanks to some amazing help here and some epic help from friends it wasn't as scary as we thought.

I wish you all luck!!! Let me know if I can help.

• Love 1

@Kieran to answer your questions:

1. We're donationware so you can change how much you donate per month. In fact if you prefer you can donate by getting a Patron subscription instead, we're not picky, every little bit counts, so yes.
  2. Not the foreseeable future. I obviously can't make plans for unforseeable events but I've been offering hosting to other people since I can remember so it's something that will continue into the future for as long as I'm around and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
  • Love 1
  • Thank you 1

Was my post about the avatar upload problem in self-hosting removed for some reason or did it not even go through? I was in bit of a hurry earlier so I didn't check very well. I posted it as a reply to this thread.