Well hullo there!

Muse

Howdy! Jus thought I'd get a little greeting out of the way. I'm always grateful for a few prompts to get me started so I don't have to be an awkward jellyfish. 

How long have you been RPing? 

I've been telling collaborative stories for over three decades now, so long as all the stories I played out in my friends' back yards and down the hill and into the woods count as role playing. I played my first tabletop RP at the age of 12 when my dad took me to the library to play AD&D. Yeah. He was a cool dad. I passed notebooks in the hallway full of stories written by myself and my friends. I joined AOL chat rooms like the Red Dragon Inn back when the newfangled internet first came to my house. I played-by-email with those friends I passed notebooks with. I DM'd and play tested a number of tabletops, got into miniature gaming, and eventually discovered play-by-post RP. I've staffed and written for over a decade on forums.

What are your favorite RP genres?
Fantasy, mostly, with a focus on steampunk and Victorian, though a bit of Medieval fantasy makes me happy, too. Sometimes I get an itch for a good sci-fi, but haven't really found something that holds my attention yet.

How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?

I prefer forum style play-by-post these days.

Those are probably good ones. English is my first language. I have read and loved many books in my life, too many to have a favorite. I also cannot ever answer the favorite color question because it depends on the hour, day, weather, mood I'm in. I like a lot of colors, okay? I'm a letterpress printer and graphic designer when I'm not role playing or chasing my four kids around. To say I wear a lot of hats is an understatement. 😉

Thorns: Uprising
A Unique Victorian Fantasy Play-by-Post RPG

LORE | FORUM | CHARACTER CENSUS | WANTED ADS | DISCORD

Letterpress printer?! Do you have a portfolio online?

Glub glub.

8 minutes ago, Deep Sea said:

Letterpress printer?! Do you have a portfolio online?

Yas! Well, sort of. There's a story there (isn't there always?) ... Anyway, PMing you. 😉

• Admin

Welcome to the initiative @Muse Muse is actually one of my favorite bands. I used to have a site that was loosely based on a few of their songs with, I think 23 Muse song references around the site.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

3 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Welcome to the initiative @Muse Muse is actually one of my favorite bands. I used to have a site that was loosely based on a few of their songs with, I think 23 Muse song references around the site.

They are an excellent band, though my name choice is perhaps more related to the Muses of Greek Mythology, I'll certainly not complain about a musical reference as well.

Thanks for the welcome, @Morrigan. 😄

@Muse

Welcome to the Initiative! I hope that you're finding yourself at home nicely here. Please let myself or another staff member know if you have any questions or need anything at all - that's what we're here for! 🙂 I was just mentioning on another welcome post that I enjoy high/epic fantasy stories. Perhaps we'll find each other in one together some day! Hope to talk to you out in the forums soon! xoxo ❤️ 

Ad.png

2 minutes ago, eleholly said:

@Muse I was just mentioning on another welcome post that I enjoy high/epic fantasy stories. Perhaps we'll find each other in one together some day! Hope to talk to you out in the forums soon! xoxo ❤️ 

Thank you for the warm welcome @eleholly!

I mean, I'm making one (an epic/high fantasy story although it's set in a rather Victorian-esque time period, but there is a lot of magic) ... it's made ... we're crawling slowly, carefully out of Beta. You're welcome to come play! 😉 

If you have any other suggestions or find something fun, however, send me a link! ❤️

• Love 1

@Muse

Sweeeet! Once I get settled back into my modern fantasy site, I might take a gander. I'm currently writing a 1x1 with my best friend who lives in London that's more of an epic/high fantasy, D&D -esque setting. It's a lot of fun. My character is a lady knight that's crazy naive and I swear, you'd think she was a child with the way she handles situations. I just love it. 

Ad.png

34 minutes ago, eleholly said:

@Muse

Sweeeet! Once I get settled back into my modern fantasy site, I might take a gander. I'm currently writing a 1x1 with my best friend who lives in London that's more of an epic/high fantasy, D&D -esque setting. It's a lot of fun. My character is a lady knight that's crazy naive and I swear, you'd think she was a child with the way she handles situations. I just love it. 

I haven't really written 1-on-1 in a long, long time ... but I joined the Coterie here just in case I wanna give it a try again. 

And I have one of those grown-ass characters who totally falls apart in situations where they're supposed to be the actual grown up. I know those feels. Bahahahahaha.

Have fun! @eleholly