OOC Games

Monroe

I have incorporated "Discord Challenges" to earn points and to give people things to do. It's random trivia, questions about the site and it's members/characters, ect. We also play the online version of Cards Against Humanity together, winner earns points. I have seen a Bingo card in play before; where you do something like "replied to open thread" and you fill in one of your squares. I am always trying to come up with new ways to entertain the members and be interactive. Does anyone else have anything that they do like this? I'm new to owning a game but like to keep something interactive going. ^.^

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a really cool idea! I totally support this - it builds community and community is what keeps a site going. 

In the past, I've done scavenger hunts which ended up being a ton of fun, the most fun of which being when you  had to read other people's threads in order to find things instead of just sticking to lore or administrative pages. You could also do an irl scavenger hunt where people share pictures of the things they've found. I've also done Pinterest-based games for points and I've seen a site do a collaborative spotify site playlist for points too. You could also do a movie night together and do trivia or something. 

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

I'm currently working on making some quizzes through Jcink's system, with questions from various parts of my site's lore. I'm hoping that the "fun" encouragement of reading the optional/more in depth stuff might give players some more ideas to work with in their threads. 

• Love 2

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 1 month later...

I confess I've never heard of discord games or pinterest based games but it sounds interesting. I feel like a complete newbie asking this, but how are such games set up?

Edited by saltwaterwitch
  • Love 1

On 5/29/2018 at 4:39 PM, Monroe said:

We also play the online version of Cards Against Humanity together, winner earns points.

I'm so glad you mentioned online CAH - this is something we do and honestly it's just such a fun way to bring the community together! If you haven't already, consider getting the players to generate a board-specific deck!  Cardcast works with pretend you're xyzzy - not sure about other online versions of the game.

IKiE2z.png

On 7/17/2018 at 11:50 AM, saltwaterwitch said:

I confess I've never heard of discord games or pinterest based games but it sounds interesting. I feel like a complete newbie asking this, but how are such games set up?

For pinterest, there's a lot you can do. You can do a pinterest scavenger hunt, where you post a list of things to find and everyone creates their own boards and pins each item they find (bonus points for super unique pins!). You can have people create boards for certain themes, or share pins as answers to trivia questions. I've even been part of a game where you create a pin board for a thread or an event, or for a site lore page or something. You can get real creative!

For Discord, I've only been part of like...chat games? Like word association or weird/fun polls, character/site trivia...I'm sure there's a lot more that can be done other than what's already mentioned.

• Like 1

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon