Selfhosting Mybb Issues

Kieran

Yes, it's on version 1.8. Like the ACP also confirmed. And like all my boards were but still required upgrading. The others, when I was upgrading claimed that they were literally version 1.8.0 and upgraded from that. This one when upgrading with the Default table prefix claimed that it's version 1.8.13. Which is all very weird because I indeed did download and install version 1.8.15 and the ACP always acknowledged that. Anyway, the true problem here is that for some reason it won't recognize the password in the Upgrade tool when the table prefix refers to the imported ones and won't ask any password in it when the table prefix refers to the default ones--although with all the other boards it did. What could possibly cause it not recognizing a 100% correct password and/or not asking for it where it should? (I didn't try that app yet, because I'd like to figure this one out instead of having to download extra stuff.)

The htaccess file's section:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
  RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
	RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
		SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

CoM_title_forum_2021.png

CHILDREN OF MERLIN - HARRT POTTER 1980S RPG
| Small app | Fluid time | Lots of species |

2 hours ago, Kieran said:

Anyway, the true problem here is that for some reason it won't recognize the password in the Upgrade tool when the table prefix refers to the imported ones and won't ask any password in it when the table prefix refers to the default ones--although with all the other boards it did. What could possibly cause it not recognizing a 100% correct password and/or not asking for it where it should? (I didn't try that app yet, because I'd like to figure this one out instead of having to download extra stuff

Sorry, 1.8.what? Icyboards was a version behind. Your initial fresh install may have been 1.8.15, but icyboards was at 1.8.14. Prior to that, it was 1.8.10. The database therefore, may well be at least a version behind. 

Please try the softaculous app, you do not need to download anything for it. 

If you do not have access to softaculous or if it is not helping you upgrade. You can try the following:

If you have softaculous and know the username of the account that installed mybb (the root admin) try putting in the admin username and password here (it may help correct the database's information.) Click the pencil and then add the information on the next screen.

SmartSelect_20180607-223141_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20180607-223232_Chrome.jpg

Otherwise, I found this very old thread with a proposed fix

If neither of those suggestions satisfy, you may be best going straight to your host and requesting assistance. If they're able to assist, I would be very interested in learning how!

Edit to add: properly and entirely clear out your browser's cache and give what you've been doing a go before trying anything else. Just in case it's a cookie with some bad information being a butt.

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

ARGH! Okay. That one was my bad. Please don't hate me. Now that you mentioned that IcyBoards is one version behind, I realized what I was doing wrong. I was trying to enter the password I created during the mybb installation process when what I should have done is enter the password I have on the IcyBoards. That's how the issue related to the imported table prefix only. I didn't remember at all that the new password only applies to the default and not to the imported database...And now that I think of it, it should have been so obvious because passwords are of course part of the imported database. I think I got confused because with the other boards it required password for both default and imported upgrades but with this one it only asked for the imported. Sorry about wasting your time with that one. 😞 Well, I most certainly will remember which password to use in the future.

• Like 1

CoM_title_forum_2021.png

CHILDREN OF MERLIN - HARRT POTTER 1980S RPG
| Small app | Fluid time | Lots of species |

No worries Kieran! I'm just glad that you got it sorted!

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png