automatic post templates

Frizbee

So I've been on a couple of boards that use this feature but for the life of me I can't find a tutorial anywhere? I'm probably being hella blind but there's just so much to sift through I thought it would be less stressful to just ask and be pointed in the right direction.

I'm looking to learn how to use automatic post codes. So, when I want to post a thread I can just use thread stuff here and those codes will automatically use a nicer post template rather than me having to always copy and paste something. I'd also like to be able to do the same with headers [h1] [/h1] and user group colours. So if I put [admin]stuff[/admin] it'll come up in the admin colours.

Any help on this would be mighty appreciated! I have no idea where to even start!

• Admin

Hey @Kat where/how do you roleplay?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Morrigan Hi! Thank you so much for popping in!

I'm on a jcink forum at the moment and I have managed to get my head around the custom bbcodes (took me forever to know the proper name for them which was why I was having trouble finding tutorials)!

I have managed to code a simple table, but I'm having a slight problem elsewhere! One of my member groups is called Nora, so I have input a colour and font, but when I use the [nora] [/nora] codes for some reason the text that comes after starts on a new line??

like this

I'm using 1PARAM and these codes:

<b><div class='nora'>(PARAM1)</div></b>

.nora {
 font-family: poppins;
 color: #627d78;

}

I'm also trying to put in another table that uses an image, so [postimg=img url] [/postimg] but that doesn't seem to be working at all!

I'm using 2 PARAM and these codes:

<center><div class='postbg'><div class='adrpost'>(PARAM1)<div class='adrimg' style='background-image: url((PARAM2));'></div></div></div></center>

.postbg {
width: 500px;
padding: 20px;
background: #f3f3f3;
border: 1px solid #f3f3f3;
}

.adrpost {
width: 400px;
padding: 100px;
background: #f3f3f3;
text-align: justify;
font-family: poppins;
line-height: 160%;
color: #3f3f3f;

}

.adrimg {
width: 400px;
height: 200px;
background-size: cover;
background-position: center center;
margin-bottom: 20px;
}
Edited by Kat

• Admin

I think the Params are just backwards. I tested it and this works:

<center><div class='postbg'><div class='adrpost'>(PARAM2)<div class='adrimg' style='background-image: url((PARAM1));'></div></div></div></center>

@Kat

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Just in case you're struggling with the nora code (and for any punters at home who might be struggling with the same thing)...

Change the code to this:

<b><span class='nora'>(PARAM1)</span></b>

Divs are a block element. By default, they will be on their own line. If you want to style individual words in a paragraph, you want to use span.

Good luck with the site, HZD is a fabulous world!

• Love 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png