Prostats PHP error

Kieran

Yep, it functions perfectly now. And I'm glad if I can be useful even in asking for help. 🙂

One more problem occurs. The same happened with the first board, and I don't remember how I fixed it. I just remember it was a very quick fix. So...When I installed  and activated the ProStats plugin, it appeared where it should and works fine--but it also throws lengthy warning/error message at the top of my board above the board logo. Like, so long that it looks like the board isn't there but it is when you scroll down long enough. It begins "
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'Latest_posts' - Line: 1247 - File: inc/plugins/prostats.php PHP 7.1.18 (Linux)" and the same for just about every stat in it. (Date, Starter etc.) More than once. I already tried uninstalling and re-installing & activating it. Did not help.

CoM_title_forum_2021.png

CHILDREN OF MERLIN - HARRT POTTER 1980S RPG
| Small app | Fluid time | Lots of species |

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Probably the version of php you are running. Try changing to PHP 7.0 and see if it fixes the problem.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I'll try, but I don't think it's that. Because like I said it happened on the other board too but somehow it went away and still is away. I mean, wouldn't it still affect the other board too if it was about the php version?

CoM_title_forum_2021.png

I can't replicate this issue on my vanilla test forum or my forum with the icyboards database. 

Go into your file manager via the cpanel. And go to edit /public_html/inc/plugins/prostats.php

What's on line 1247? This is my line 1246 to 1271

case "Latest_posts" : 
					$active_cells['Latest_posts']=1;
					eval("\$newestposts_cols_name .= \"".$templates->get("prostats_newestposts_head_latest_posts")."\";");
					$cell_order[$colspan]='Latest_posts';
					break;
				case "Date" :
					$active_cells['Date']=1;
					eval("\$newestposts_cols_name .= \"".$templates->get("prostats_newestposts_head_date")."\";");
					$cell_order[$colspan]='Date';
					break;
				case "Starter" :
					$active_cells['Starter']=1;
					eval("\$newestposts_cols_name .= \"".$templates->get("prostats_newestposts_head_starter")."\";");
					$cell_order[$colspan]='Starter';
					break;
				case "Last_sender" :
					$active_cells['Last_sender']=1;
					eval("\$newestposts_cols_name .= \"".$templates->get("prostats_newestposts_head_last_sender")."\";");
					$cell_order[$colspan]='Last_sender';
					break;
				case "Forum" :
					$active_cells['Forum']=1;
					eval("\$newestposts_cols_name .= \"".$templates->get("prostats_newestposts_head_forum")."\";");
					$cell_order[$colspan]='Forum';
					break;
				default: --$colspan;

I can see that other people on the googles have had this issue but I haven't found their solution.

While we're at it, what are your settings in prostats and can I please I have link to the forum so that I can peek?

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

Yeah, they have. I always google issues before I ask for help, in case someone already has found a solution that works for me. But indeed there seems to be nothing for this and I can't even change that situation since I have no idea how it got fixed the first time I faced it. So I probably didn't fix it on purpose but somehow it went away while I did something else.

Anyway, I just realized I should probably try and copy-paste the contents of that file from the one that somehow stopped showing the warning message, to the one that does. I did, and now both boards look fine. The Last_Post and Date lines I checked through comparing ours and they seemed to match just fine even before I copy-pasted. But then, my eye vision isn't the best so I might have missed a tiny little difference. So I still have no idea what the heck was its problem exactly but apparently it was something in the code of that file. The weird thing is that obviously I could not have done this copy-paste with the first board so there must have been a way to fix it quickly and easily without opening that file even though the problem apparently was something in its coding.

Thanks! 🙂

Edited by Kieran

CoM_title_forum_2021.png