SMF Subaccounts

dusk

Not really a coding issue? I need to know if I can unlink a subaccount without it becoming a stand alone account. We have a specific Staff Account that is a Subaccount to all staff members. I would like to remove it from the staff that left (as they can access staff stuff via the subaccount even if their main account is inactive). Generally when we unlink subaccounts, they become their own stand alone account, and I don't want that to happen in this case.

88x31buttondandy.png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shared account, then? A subaccount only becomes standalone if it's removed from its last parent, so it shouldn't go rogue if there's at least one other parent it can slot itself under. Have shared subs done that to you before?

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Yeah, all staff parent accounts share it. So i can safely unlink it without it becoming its own account? 

88x31buttondandy.png

I just did a test of this on my test install, and, so long as the parent that created the subaccount (the mod defines this as the first person that linked it) does not unlink it from them, it will not go standalone. Apparently, the original linker unlinking it will cause it to unlink from everyone. So, the ones that only have a 'delete' option with that sub, can remove it from them without any trouble, and it will remain a sub of the others (delete just unlinks if that's all that's there).

(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

;__;

I unlinked it and ended up unlinking it from everywhere. Do you know how I can relink it to all my staff? When I try adding it as a subaccount to more than one of us it won't let me.

88x31buttondandy.png

When it unlinked itself on my test, it turned off its sharing. Just turn it back on and re-link away.

You are my hero. Thank you so much!

88x31buttondandy.png

No problem! Glad to help!

If you run into this again later, or someone else does, and don't remember which one is the originator, or the account you're removing it from has too many buttons (it should ONLY have delete), you can also match user IDs in the _subaccounts table of the database, and manually delete the row linking the shared account to the parent you want it removed from. This will bypass all the odd quirks of this mod and only remove it from that one.

Hopefully this will be our last staff change over! But I'll try to remember all that if it isn't.

88x31buttondandy.png