Roaring Dandelion, Reporting for Nerdery!

thenoisyflower

Buckle up kids; here comes the intro!

About Me: Thirty something bookworm with a love of character-driven narratives, lush prose of the feels-punching persuasion, and quirky metaphor. Ambivert. Every Jewish Mom stereotype you've ever heard. Kind, accommodating, Ravenpuff, frequently falls down YouTube rabbit holes. Unrepentantly nerdy about history, supernatural fiction, and a number of geeky TV shows. Raised on classic, YA fantasy, and urban horror lit; forged in the fires of indie sci fi LARPs, World of Darkness tabletops, and freeform, journal-based rpgs. All about consent-based RP, and "yes, and..." Power gaming cheese-monkeys and rules lawyers need not apply.

• How long have you been RPing?
    •  Chat RPGs: 1999-Present
    • Journal RPGs: 1999-Present
    • Tabletop RPGs: 2007-Present
    • LARP: 2006-Present

While I've been a player more often than I've been an ST, GM, DM, moderator, etc. I do have some experience running LARPs, tabletops, and forums games. I'm actually running one right now, a free-form cirque-noir RPG on my personal website: https://roaringdandelion.jcink.net 

Things I have run or played: Cirque noir; Old World of Darkness (Werewolf, Changeling, Mage, Vampire) mutants in WWIII; gritty superhero drama; camp horror/comedy mystery, ala Buffy or 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo; post-apocalyptic werewolf hunters; New World of Darkness (Vampire, Mage, Demon, Beast) 

Things I'd like to run or play: Government agency investigating supernatural crimes; 1:1 RP right after the Crash of '29 (two people dealing with the suicide of a shared friend/lover); dystopian city under vampiric military control; "Dead Nautica" (set in Newport, RI and the bottom of the Atlantic - sailors' widows, ghosts, haunted houses, and sea monsters abound); World of Darkness; Fantastic Beasts AU; demigods; space operas

• What are your favorite RP genres?
    • urban horror/fantasy
    • supernatural fiction
    • historical fiction
    • dystopian futures
    • superheroes
    • sci-fi (this is a genre I am still learning, as I was raised on space operas rather than true sci-fi)

• How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?
    • Email
    • Forums
    • Blog/journals
    • Chat (usually Hangouts, but I can also use Slack or Discord)
    • Storium

• What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?
    • Book: This changes weekly, as reading is one of my primary hobbies. Right this very second, I'm re-reading everything by Brenna Yovanoff. I'm a little obsessed with The Replacement and The Space Between. I also have an undying love of the Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater and Pierce Brown's Red Rising series.

• Movie: I just saw Oceans 8 and really enjoyed it. As far as movies I could re-watch a thousand times, there's Lord of the Rings, Big Hero 6, the BBC's Pride and Prejudice, Idle Hands (I know, it's trash, don't judge me), Shrek, Underworld...the list goes on. My tastes are varied.

• Music: There's not a ton I don't like. I listen to goth rock, broody adult contemporary, pop, hip hop, new country, the best of the 70s, you name it. Evanescence is one of my forever loves, along with Rammstein, but my big obsession over the last year or so has been Snow tha Product and Castro Escobar. Lately, I've also gotten into Ruelle, Halsey, In This Moment, Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons, and X-Ambassadors.

• What other interest/hobbies do you have?
    • Writing
    • Reading
    • Acting
    • Mixed media art

• What's your favorite color?  Blue!
  • What's your favorite drink?  Froofy, flavor syrup-y lattes from Starbucks (NOT Pumpkin Spice).

If you'd like to get acquainted, do some 1:1 RP, or chat about geeky things, hit me up on Discord at roaringdandelion#1052 or on gmail/Hangouts (more reliable) at thenoisyflower [at] gmail [dot] com.
Edited by thenoisyflower
0226a8a84212702579ada441fb13616a.png
Guest Login: View Only | PW: sundoctrog

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @thenoisyflower Your username reminds me of my old Alice in Wonderland roleplay. Enjoy your stay!

• Like 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

46 minutes ago, Rune said:

I might have to poke at you for some 1x1. 

Welcome to the fun! 

Absolutely! Always happy to meet potential new writing partners.

Welcome from another historical fiction lover! I also love the Lord of the Rings and Shrek...

@thenoisyflower

Hello and welcome to the Initiative! I hope you're settling in nicely! Please let myself or one of the other staff members know if you have any questions. That's what we're here for! Looking forward to talking to you out in the forums soon! ❤️ 

Ad.png

On 6/17/2018 at 11:49 AM, thenoisyflower said:

Evanescence is one of my forever loves, along with Rammstein

I used to listen to soo much Rammstein back in the day - mostly their earlier three albums or so. I did get a chance to see them live twice, which was fun cause fire everywhere.

Anyway, welcome!

banner-01-88x31.jpg
Khyeras: an original fantasy RPG.

"I keep wanting to write 'dwarves' as 'drawers'."

"Land of the Drawers... we call it... Ikea."

Oh man, we have so much in common, I honestly don't know where to start!

Your preferred RP genres list looks similar to the ones I'm more partial to as well. I really seem to latch onto modern fantasies and supernatural ability kind of boards.

2 hours ago, Athena said:

Oh man, we have so much in common, I honestly don't know where to start!

Your preferred RP genres list looks similar to the ones I'm more partial to as well. I really seem to latch onto modern fantasies and supernatural ability kind of boards.

AWESOME! I'm running one currently, if you're interested in taking a peek! Otherwise, I am always down for 1:1 RP.

1 hour ago, thenoisyflower said:

AWESOME! I'm running one currently, if you're interested in taking a peek! Otherwise, I am always down for 1:1 RP.

I recently started one of my own with a close friend of mine. I poked around your board though and it looks really interesting! Maybe once I get things off the ground and find some extra time, I'd be able to spend some time on yours as well!

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Pluto said:

I just have to say your icon is stunning. ❤️

Thank you! It was a lucky internet find many moons ago. I love the colors.