SMF Moderation Buttons at top top of topic

Jones

In our current theme the moderation buttons ( move , remove, lock, sticky, etc) are at the very bottom of the page. Right over the lower breadcrumbs. For ease of use we would really like to move them up to the top of the threads as well. I'm not very fluent in PHP or SMF and the few things I've tried haven't worked. All I've managed to do is put two sets of the same button strip on top of one another. lol. I can provide code if needed but I think that portion of the template is p standard so here's to hoping its just a simple 'put line xyz there'. 

Thanks in advance!

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

Ooh, good idea.

So the trick to this is that the moderator button strip is not generated until just before it is output. Trying to move it to the top by itself probably just confuses the code because it doesn't know what to do. Lol

What you'll want to do, then, is find this, should be around line 710 (find Show the page index... if you need):
$mod_buttons = array(
call_integration_hook('integrate_mod_buttons', array(&$mod_buttons));

Cut from the top line to the last here, and move this up toward the top, you can put these under where it builds the $normal_button array (above it is fine if you're not sure where it actually ends).

Then just copy and paste this
echo '

<div id="moderationbuttons">', template_button_strip($mod_buttons, 'bottom', array('id' => 'moderationbuttons_strip')), '</div>';

Wherever you want the second moderator strip to show. Below the template_button_strip for the $normal_buttons array would work fine, but you may want to play with placement until it looks good to you.
Hope that's not too confusing!

• Love 1
  • Thank you 1

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

❤️ Thank you so much! Worked perfectly, and you explained it very well. You were dead on with it being about the array placement. lol

• You're Welcome 1
  • Cheers 1

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png