What's the oddest/most niche RP you've ever done?

thenoisyflower

Years ago, I was in the RP and fanfic writing communities for Rammstein and a similar band, Oomph! For some reason, there was a TON of fandom crossover with Oomph! and, of all things, Boondock Saints (I still have no idea why).

I also really enjoyed LOTR Speakeasy, which was Lord of the Rings actors (and people with six degrees of separation to them) in the 1920s.

What's your weirdest fandom/RP niche?

0226a8a84212702579ada441fb13616a.png
Guest Login: View Only | PW: sundoctrog

Nothing nearly as niche but I did have a fire emblem x shin megami tensei crossover board. 

Reality is an illusion. 

A board based around Michael Jackson songs personified. It still sticks out as the most niche board I've ever encountered.

A bird rp. (The board was adorable and their concept was super cute!)

• LOL 1

• Admin

A Repo Men/TiMER crossover board. I'm still willing as I love both concepts and together they are just fun.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

A board for a book series called The Silver Brumby, which I'm 96.8% sure is barely even known outside of Australia.

• Like 1

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEWCKgBEF5IWvKriq

A supernatural RP with one of my old school friends. It was supposed to be realistic but it ended up being really weird.  No idea how. XP

Dang, you guys have me beat. Sense8 was the most niche fandom I've ever RPed in. That board never surpassed four players.

E5zAKhe.gif

• Operations Mod
On 6/19/2018 at 1:31 PM, thenoisyflower said:

Rammstein and a similar band, Oomph!

Good bands. I'd suggest Megaherz and Eisbrecher if you enjoy those (they're almost the same band, honestly, but w/e). Although you've probably already discovered them lol. 

Um... @Morrigan and I have been doing a rp based on the book/video game series Metro - 2033, Last Light, 2034 etc. I really want to build an actual site off that verse but I've never encountered much RP activity surrounding it for some reason; I've been throwing lures out here on the Initiative but no one is biting lol. I'm hoping the release of the Metro: Exodus game this November will draw in enough attention to successfully run a site. 

Long time ago I was in a role play about rats and other similar forest creatures - badgers, shrews, voles etc. I think it was based off the Redwall books? 

An old friend of mine built a site that was about deer and owls and I was arm twisted into joining that one, although I was more one of those players that was just around in the cbox and never did anything lol.

• Like 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

On 6/21/2018 at 3:40 AM, Val said:

A board for a book series called The Silver Brumby, which I'm 96.8% sure is barely even known outside of Australia.

I feel like I have seen this movie. About a horse. Many years ago when I would rent and watch any movie that involved horses. I may have been obsessed.

As for the actual topic, I cannot think of anything :x sorry /tangent 

• Preach it! 1

88x31buttondandy.png

6 hours ago, Dragon said:

I have been doing a rp based on the book/video game series Metro - 2033, Last Light, 2034 etc. I really want to build an actual site off that verse but I've never encountered much RP activity surrounding it for some reason; I've been throwing lures out here on the Initiative but no one is biting lol. I'm hoping the release of the Metro: Exodus game this November will draw in enough attention to successfully run a site. 

I think timing it with the Game Release is probably the best option, as that's when Hype will be highest. Alternatively, dress it up as an original site. I've just bought the Metro series, but haven't gotten around to playing it.

I'm low-key hopeful our site might get some more activity with the Fallout 76 release too, but, you never know. Fallout is another game I don't see many other boards for.

Edited by Val

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEWCKgBEF5IWvKriq

The most niche one I've ever done is probably the one I'm reworking and revamping now.  (It's a process, slow but... eventually. We'll get there.)

While the concept of angels vs demons isn't exactly new, it's not quite that simple. We stray from my co-admin's book with the inclusion of female angels and with the other gods being a bit more prevalent. We also have our own lore and history surrounding angels and their fallen brothers.

But not even that is truly niche, especially once compared with some of the answers above.

Right now I am putting together a RP site for a manga series called Silent Möbius. Never heard of the series? That's a perfectly acceptable response because that's just how obscure it is.

A site where literary characters were somehow plucked from their stories and bound to an enchanted mansion.  I was Oliver Twist and Princess Isabel (The Twa Sisters o' Binnorie).

Edited by Jacob