What's the oddest/most niche RP you've ever done?

thenoisyflower

I'll second Redwall! I love that series. The Redwall rp I played in lasted only a few months, an' I wish I could've enjoyed it longer.

I've also played in a Watership Down setting very briefly. AU, but much more the book and movie's world than...the tv show's world. The book has more bite, and so did our rp. Also one I wish would've lasted longer than a couple weeks... I recall school getting in the way of that one.

Continuing with the pseudo-anthropomorphic animal theme, I once started building an rp forum around the novel The Blood Jaguar. If I hadn't abandoned that project, I think it would have been the most niche rp I've ever been part of... I'm about due for reading that again, s'been a couple years. Hmmm....

goShaveYourGiantHeadOfSmellWithYourBadSelf.png.330cfee24df61fd4cc42c52e66e63ab6.png

An X-Men RP based entirely on the owner's fanfic. 😎

It wasn't horrible although it was challenging if you had not read the fanfic.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

17 hours ago, Kajes said:

I'll second Redwall! I love that series. The Redwall rp I played in lasted only a few months, an' I wish I could've enjoyed it longer.

I've also played in a Watership Down setting very briefly. AU, but much more the book and movie's world than...the tv show's world. The book has more bite, and so did our rp. Also one I wish would've lasted longer than a couple weeks... I recall school getting in the way of that one.

Continuing with the pseudo-anthropomorphic animal theme, I once started building an rp forum around the novel The Blood Jaguar. If I hadn't abandoned that project, I think it would have been the most niche rp I've ever been part of... I'm about due for reading that again, s'been a couple years. Hmmm....

Redwall and Watership Down are fandoms I'd like to see a game for (though Redwall would have to less stereotypical for the animals to retain my interest. I want to see good foxes, pine martens, weasels, ferrets, etc, and it would have to be less fluffy than the books.) I have mixed feelings on the TV show for Watership Down - I like the expansion of the characters, warrens and continued/new storylines, but prefer the darkness that the book and movie had.

• Thank you 1

35 minutes ago, Icewolf said:

Redwall and Watership Down are fandoms I'd like to see a game for (though Redwall would have to less stereotypical for the animals to retain my interest. I want to see good foxes, pine martens, weasels, ferrets, etc, and it would have to be less fluffy than the books.) I have mixed feelings on the TV show for Watership Down - I like the expansion of the characters, warrens and continued/new storylines, but prefer the darkness that the book and movie had.

I agree. A Redwall game would benefit from a less strict dichotomy between "Goodbeasts" and "Vermin." Allowing characters to cross those lines would be a good time, although I would be sad to see the conflict between the two groups erased completely. The books touched on the idea of virtuous vermin and wicked goodbeasts, yeh, but I was always a lil' disappointed how good or evil seemed to be in the species' blood.

I think you'd dig a Blood Jaguar game. The anthropomorphism is somewhere between Redwall and Watership down - the animals live in den-like homes, have clothing and tools and stuff, but still typically walk on all fours and go mostly naked. The setting includes well fleshed lore about their pantheon of Curials, and predator and prey animals live together...although they do not always get along. Not in the Redwall sense of a war between hard-defined sides, but more in the..."Bobcat is kinda a dick and likes menacing the rabbit farmers for shits n' giggles, although he'd never kill or eat them because rabbits are people" kind of way.

goShaveYourGiantHeadOfSmellWithYourBadSelf.png.330cfee24df61fd4cc42c52e66e63ab6.png

• 4 weeks later...

Spin off RPs based off spin off RPs based off of RPs based on Alice in Wonderland on a forum called TwilightSucks 😂

• LOL 1

ac2204b883ba2b2c3b93079f6c58144be0db842f
Be a Part of the Story
Discord
NOW ACCEPTING CHARACTERS FROM NON-ANIMATED FANDOMS

13 hours ago, Penny said:

Spin off RPs based off spin off RPs based off of RPs based on Alice in Wonderland on a forum called TwilightSucks 😂

Hot darn. That is VERY niche. O.o

0226a8a84212702579ada441fb13616a.png
Guest Login: View Only | PW: sundoctrog