SMF- I broke it without even touching it ;__;

Jones

Hey there. Me again. 😔 I somehow managed to break the Admin Center on my forum. 😭 I have no idea how it happened.  We have a Discord Titan embed in our sidebar, and I was getting ready to edit the SimplePortal Block that creates the sidebar container for that embed (I was going to add a button to make the embed collapsible). Didn't even hit that edit button because on preview I thought the standard Bootstrap button was fugly so I went to add some css, but the editable box was completely gone.  Started clicking around and pretty much all of the info boxes around the Admin Center are gone. Basically only our category and forum bars are showing up in the admin panel when using that theme. I just finished doing a huge recolor and a few code tweaks last night. Everything was fine then, and when I woke up this A.M. because I did a couple of css color adjustments first thing. So I somehow managed to break it without actually touching it. 😩

I saved all the files to my laptop last night as a backup bc I am paranoid, so I reuploaded the index.php, index.template.php, and index.template.php~ files to see if that might help. No dice. On a side night, all of my SimplePortal pages and blocks are displaying fine. Any ideas friends?

Pic to show what I'm trying to explain, see how there are no boards between the category's? We have a ton of boards, but the containers and info there are just not showing up! pLaL7.png

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

And now it has magically fixed itself. 😭 What even is my life?

Thanks for those that took a peek.  I will get an exorcist to come and help me control this possessed css I guess. 

• Cheers 1

R6MmD.png

• Admin

Sometimes that happens maybe @Arceus has an explanation?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Honestly, it sounds like it just temporarily went stupid and part of the CSS didn't load, or .content was hidden for some reason. I'd have to have seen it live to really know for sure.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

It could also be that the browser was trying to be kind and polite and load quickly by loading everything that it knew already and just filling that in with what the page said, instead of loading the entire page from scratch and noting the new things.

Next time it happens, press CTRL-F5 for a "hard" refresh. 

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

I cleared my cache so many times Chrome is still giving me stink eye. 😂

At this point I'm assuming it was just the Browers Gods telling me to take a coffee break. Since it fixed itself without my help. Which, lets be honest, is the best sort of problem. 

Thanks for the input though guys! 

R6MmD.png