Hullo Hullooo

archaeon

About Me

Thirty-something verging on just answering 21+ whenever someone asks. English. Introvert that likes a good party. Coffee drinker as much as a tea drinker (gasp!). PS4 player. Avid reader. Recovering Pinterest addict. Lover of slow-burning character-driven plots and evolving character relationships. Shameless, relentless evil GM.

How long have you been RPing?
Since before there was this crazy thing called the internet. I started out with pen and paper before graduating on to PBeMs. I’ve not looked back since.

What are your favorite RP genres?
I’ve played in most at one time or another. My current interests seem to be in the vein of urban dark-fantasy settings or the post-apocalyptic. Mostly anything with a slightly dystopian twist. Maybe a sign of the times? 

How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?
I run a forum game at the moment but I’m always game for a good email RP.

What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?
Okay, I can’t pick a single book so I’m going to go with the whole Discworld series.

• Cheers 1

----------------------------------------------------------

The Irenic Institute

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @archaeon we're happy to have you. If you like supernatural stuff there is a coterie for that.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Thanks Morrigan! I admit I'm still rattling about the place trying to get my bearings but I shall keep an eye out for my kindred fans supernatural stuff. At the moment I seem to keep getting distracted reading the back catalogue of amazing posts 😁

The Irenic Institute

Hi there and welcome to the Initiative! LE GASP! Another one that started out with pen and paper. Not only did I do that, but I also did the whole tabletop thing when that's all you had for group stuff. Seriously though. Glad to see someone like me. 

Enjoy your stay here and dive right in. We seem to be the right kind of nuts around here.

spacer.pngDecadence

4 hours ago, Prophetess said:

We seem to be the right kind of nuts around here. 

That's absolutely true! Just my kind of nuts.

• Love 1

The Irenic Institute

Welcome to the site! I remember throughout high school myself and a few friends used to pass notebooks back and forth to each other in the hallways and write stories together. It wasn't quite roleplaying, but wasn't far from it either. haha

banner-01-88x31.jpg
Khyeras: an original fantasy RPG.

"I keep wanting to write 'dwarves' as 'drawers'."

"Land of the Drawers... we call it... Ikea."

22 hours ago, archaeon said:

Thirty-something verging on just answering 21+ whenever someone asks

Welcome! I always use either 'old' 'ha' or 30+ when asked. I have this weird perception that younger crowds wouldn't want to rp with me if they  knew my exact age. Weird, I know.

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

OH! Yes, this @memoria! A few of us used to do this at university as well in between tabletop gaming on Thursday nights with a couple of pints. Haha I'd completely forgetten about that until just then. Thank you so much!

• Like 1

The Irenic Institute

@archaeon

Hello and welcome to the Initiative! I hope you're settling in nicely! Please let myself or one of the other staff members know if you have any questions. That's what we're here for! Looking forward to talking to you out in the forums soon! ❤️ 

Ad.png

@eleholly thank you! Everyone (staff and members alike) have all been so welcoming. I sincerely wish there had been communities like this when I was just starting out in roleplaying. It's a fabulous resource and I will most definitely be pointing any newbies we get this way.

The Irenic Institute

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2018 at 8:24 AM, archaeon said:

About Me

Thirty-something verging on just answering 21+ whenever someone asks. English. Introvert that likes a good party. Coffee drinker as much as a tea drinker (gasp!). PS4 player. Avid reader. Recovering Pinterest addict. Lover of slow-burning character-driven plots and evolving character relationships. Shameless, relentless evil GM.

How long have you been RPing?
Since before there was this crazy thing called the internet. I started out with pen and paper before graduating on to PBeMs. I’ve not looked back since.

What are your favorite RP genres?
I’ve played in most at one time or another. My current interests seem to be in the vein of urban dark-fantasy settings or the post-apocalyptic. Mostly anything with a slightly dystopian twist. Maybe a sign of the times? 

How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?
I run a forum game at the moment but I’m always game for a good email RP.

What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?
Okay, I can’t pick a single book so I’m going to go with the whole Discworld series.

Are you secretly me? Especially with that last answer. Sir Terry may never be matched in his genius.

[Image: oZwmoj.png]
the australian potterverse | we're back in black

• 2 weeks later...

Coffee drinker as much as a tea drinker (gasp!)

Non-discriminatory! I like it! 😎

-