Sweater Weather

Athena

I've never been good at introductions but here goes nothing!

My name is Athena and I live in the Midwest of the US. I've been RPing for longer than I like to think of but began once I started high school. I was introduced to chat rp by some friends who got together regularly on MSN and instantly adored it! It didn't take long for me to realize that forum rp's existed and I spent countless hours on ezboard (does anybody even remember that?). Typically, I stick with supernatural/ fantasy genres but have branched out here and there.

I feel like I'm just a basic nerd and love several fandoms. Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings (seeing a pattern here?). With all the superhero films lately, I've latched onto bandwagon and do not feel bad about it in the slightest! My nerdom probably started back in the day with copious amounts of anime, which I lived and breathed obsessively. Now that I'm older, I'm mature enough to take a step back from the weaboo I once was and partake in a much more healthy amount, haha.

I would say one of the most unexpected hobbies I have is that I love jrock and kpop, although I haven't kept up with the former over the years as much as the latter. Still, a different language will not stop me from enjoying music. Umm, lately I've begun to become more interested in gardening and although I'm awful at it, I've managed to grow some wildflowers in front of my house this year (yay!).

So...that's it, I guess? If we share some interests, don't be afraid to share!

PS. The title is my absolute favorite song, ever, by The Neighbourhood. ❤️

Edited by Athena

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Athena we're glad to have you. Those are some good fandoms to love.  I hope you enjoy your stay!

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I kinda remember ezboards! I'm not sure I ever owned one myself, but I recall hoping on others, though it was so long ago.

My husband does a lot of the gardening for me, but I do enjoy benefiting from things like fresh tomatoes and basil. So, good luck with yours! It's very cool to just walk outside and grab some veggies or herbs.

Anyway, welcome to the site!

banner-01-88x31.jpg
Khyeras: an original fantasy RPG.

"I keep wanting to write 'dwarves' as 'drawers'."

"Land of the Drawers... we call it... Ikea."

6 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Welcome to the Initiative @Athena we're glad to have you. Those are some good fandoms to love.  I hope you enjoy your stay!

Thank you so much! I'm already enjoying my time here!

6 hours ago, Rune said:

We've got a modern fantasy coterie you can check out!

I certainly will, thanks!

6 minutes ago, memoria said:

I kinda remember ezboards! I'm not sure I ever owned one myself, but I recall hoping on others, though it was so long ago.

My husband does a lot of the gardening for me, but I do enjoy benefiting from things like fresh tomatoes and basil. So, good luck with yours! It's very cool to just walk outside and grab some veggies or herbs.

Anyway, welcome to the site!

We don't really have a good spot to start growing any sort of food right now and it seems we missed a lot of planting windows for the things we like. We'll probably just have to wait until next year but that's okay! In the meantime, I'll just continue trying my hand with regular flowers and plants and see how far that gets me, haha!

@Athena

Hello and welcome to the Initiative! I hope you're settling in nicely! Please let myself or one of the other staff members know if you have any questions. That's what we're here for! Looking forward to talking to you out in the forums soon! ❤️ 

Ad.png

• 3 weeks later...

OWLS!!!!! I could stare at your icon forever, owls have been my favorite animal for as long as I can remember. ❤️

Welcome! 😄

-