Are you a desktop or mobile RPer?

Deep Sea

Desktop or mobile RPer?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

I pretty much post from my desktop or laptop exclusively as I get hand cramps from using my phone to type on it for long periods of time. Not saying I have not dabbled a bit but I do prefer my keyboards over the small on screen keyboard on my phone!

Always both. I prefer one or the other based on mood. If i really just want to post and relax on the couch then I will break out my wireless keyboard and sit down with my phone and keyboard and post. If i have more to do or am just in the mood for a larger display, then i sit at my desktop.  -shrug-

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png

Most of the time I write on a desktop computer but if I'm really excited about a story or I like the writer a lot I will go through the agony of typing something out on my phone. However, I haven't liked anyone that much in several years.

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

I prefer my Desktop for IC posting. I've written on my phone before out of necessity but I found it uncomfortable and rife with typos (which bother me but eh, it happens right?)

I will do admin posting, staff discussion, and ooc dicussion through mobile though, and I browse my forums like crazy when I'm out of the house.

• 2 weeks later...

I use my iPad Pro to RP, but usually in desktop view if I can. This is easiest for me because I am blind in one eye so ai can zoom in if I cannot see something properly.

• Like 1

48B2BDDB-40A9-4752-9E3F-C4378F7CA7CF.jpeg

As an RPer, I generally only post roleplays from my laptop or chromebook, because I need a full keyboard. But I definitely need to be able to get on with my mobile devices to quickly respond to PMs or answer questions, so a mobile responsive design is important to me. Luckily, invision has a mobile responsive skin for our site, even though it isn't perfect. Our members are a big mix of desktop and mobile, too, and the mobile community just keeps growing!

Primarily desktop but I have written posts on mobile. I can only RP from mobile if the site doesn't use doHTML templates.

image.png.f86e26073cdaafb73587b2b54a3de1f2.png

If I have ability to post I will post from either desktop or mobile.  Depends on which one I have in easy reach.  Lately I have posted more often than not from my computer.  It's easier than posting from my phone.  I still think mobile friendly sites are a good thing.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

I pretty much always write ic posts on my laptop.  I tend to have more lengthy posts, averaging around 500-800 words, so it's just easier to type on a keyboard.  Writing that many words on my phone often causes my fingers to start cramping up, not to mention all the typos that come from fat-fingering keys alone.  So it's just easier to post on my laptop.  I remember when my laptop broke for like six months 3 years ago, and my phone was the only way to post unless I went to the library.  I felt so self-conscious and insecure and ended up dragging up plots because I posted a lot more slowly than usual.  I didn't enjoy it at all, and I'm thankful every day that I still have a working laptop now. 

I do lurk on my phone a lot.  If I'm busy then I'll check the site and discord pretty constantly, and post something when I have a second to say something.  Even if its just a simple hi in the discord, then I feel content that I'm at least checking in.  If an interesting OOC thread/conversation is happening on site then I'll post on my phone if I'm unable to do so. 

I used to be able to post long-ish replies from my phone when phones had physical keys. But ever since the introduction of touch screen, I haven't  been able to type more than a couple of sentences from my phone comfortably without getting frustrated by typos and speed. I'm hoping actual keys make a comeback for posterity's sake sometime soon >_>

WHY AREN'T YOU TECH HIPSTERS COMING THROUGH??

Until then, I exclusively roleplay from my laptop. I don't even really like to read replies from my phone?? Feels like it takes me out of the 'space' that was created for these characters, if that even makes sense.

Even so, we live in a very mobile world and I feel like my clumsiness with touch screen is in the minority --- it's basically just me starting to fall behind with tech #old. I definitely feel it's important to make your site mobile-friendly. Sucks because not every admin is a tech whiz that can cook up something mobile-friendly and aesthetically pleasing. I wish all forums came out of the box mobile ready.

affbutton.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I usually post from my laptop or work computer (shhh they don't know lol) but have been known to post from my phone or ipad when it warrants. I don't like it because I'm not really good at making our site mobile friendly lol. But always browsing from my phone or ipad when I'm laying in bed lol. 

jlLQ2fy.png

Most of the time, I prefer to write on my laptop. However, I am a busy person IRL, and sometimes I only can reach for my phone. Dropbox Paper is my go-to app because it stores everything in the cloud. I never lose a post and I can continue writing on any device. Yassss.

Thorns: Uprising
A Unique Victorian Fantasy Play-by-Post RPG

LORE | FORUM | CHARACTER CENSUS | WANTED ADS | DISCORD

I just got the nicest writing app for my phone, and it's so nice to type replies while taking breaks outside in the sun that I think I'm becoming a mobile roleplayer! 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Cheers 1