Are you a desktop or mobile RPer?

Deep Sea

Desktop or mobile RPer?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to post from mobile when I worked the night shift, as it was all I had access to. Now that I haven't done it for years, whenever I try it's just so uncomfortable trying to type on such a little tiny thing. Now I'm all desktop. 🙂

Always desktop.

If I'm rping a little on Discord or whatever, I can do that from my phone. But the proper stuff on the site? Yeah, that's on the desktop/laptop. I can't type 500-1000 word posts on my phone >.<

• 4 weeks later...

I post from both, but I write on my phone most often. It's easier to reduce the distractions and focus on writing on my phone.

• Agree 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

Desktop-only. My phone is... you know, a phone. I probably sound like a cranky old prude, but I don't even really text. If I pick up my phone, it's to call someone. Or check the time.

Except when I'm reading a book on it. Sometimes my phone is also a Kindle. But screw trying to type posts on it, mostly because I have a short attention span, and I need to be able to type very quickly or it doesn't get done, and I can't type very fast on a phone. By the time I get the third word of a sentence out, my brain's already hit paragraph four.

Skybreak

Wuxia Oriental Fantasy

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party on this one too, but I think that most people read from mobile because it's convenient...but it's far from convenient to type long posts back and forth on a mobile device. It's just too much trouble.

With that being said, I've taken the time to do so, but it always ends up with me having to go back and edit/repost.  Yuck.  No thank you.

Signature

99.999999% of the time I post from my desktop.  However, if I am mobile and I have been inspired and can't wait to get home to write, I've been known to post from my mobile device.

• 1 month later...

I'm honestly too old for posting on my mobile device - shakes walking stick- But truthfully I'm a copywriter/freelance writer in RL so I'm on my computer all the time anyway - I wouldn't think to do my work on a tablet or device, so same goes for my posts. I might chat on discord on my mobile phone, but apart from that, I prefer a good ol' keyboard. 

• Like 1