What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

This one is kind of fun. My very first RP was Twilight (when it first came out), when I had no idea what the hell Twilight was and my friend roped me into playing a character. Since there I have been addicted to Rping and have rped everything from Marvel, Original Supernatural,  Real Life and Sci-Fi. I still kind of laugh that my first RP was a Twilight RP. I remember being so confused about Playbys and the whole concept of forum RP in general. 

• 3 weeks later...

My first roleplay ever was Final Fantasy based, then it switched to Persona and Rogue Galaxy as I've "gotten better" at it lmao

bram stokers dracula GIF

I did a lot of anime rps and some things based off a PS2 game called 'Shadow Hearts' when I first started out. 

I have since distanced myself from anime stuff. 

My literal first memory of ever roleplaying was a Anthro neopets on a cruise boat, and it wouldn't let me type the word "b!kini" and I thought that was nonsense. The first board I played on was a medieval fantasy called Kentarris- I still have site buttons I made for it on deviantart o.o

• 2 weeks later...

Star Wars and its been the only thing I've heavily RP'd outside of modern day political RP.

Harry Potter related was my first rp! I don't remember the name of the very first one, it died within a month of me joining, but right after that I joined Charming (Victorian Potterverse) and was there for close to seven years, I think? 

I consider it my first foray for the most part, and it was the first site I ever staffed on! Nothing but the fondest memories. I met some great friends there!

Edited by aspringrevival
  • Like 1

Very first RP I joined was a wild horse RP called "Thunder Moon". 

Supernatural and slice of life. Slowly I would make my way RPing MCU/Marvel related boards.

Star Wars and still there.

I need a real hobby...

On 10/21/2019 at 11:01 PM, Sophey said:

My very first RPs were in AOL chatrooms. Mostly Sailor Moon and Charmed related. 

oh sophie!  You're singin' my tune!  AOL Arts & Entertainment!  Rhydin Regs ftw...lol

yi1tXyG.jpg

spacer.png

I got my start on neopets....probably doing wolf rp and then it moved to a lot of medieval fantasy. 

On 10/25/2019 at 7:22 PM, Eleutherian said:

oh sophie!  You're singin' my tune!  AOL Arts & Entertainment!  Rhydin Regs ftw...lol

Okay, you have a better memory than I do, was Rhydin one of the taverns? I always tried to get into one of those tavern free for alls, walking in with my hood up, a mystery woman with raven hair and purple eyes.  I'm not sure why at the time I thought if I played a character who just looked suspicious without adding anything or doing anything, I would gain traction. Did not work for me most times.

Sometimes I still wish I had a cool fader bot like I did for my AOL chatrooms, but to use in Discord. Just for the nostalgia. My different characters had different color fades for their font and my profile was a nearly illegible with teal font on dark blue background. 

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

• LOL 1

Mine was Star Wars, in a Yahoo! Group. XD

I think for this reason SW will always be my most loved RP.

Join us on the FRONTIER, a brand new Star Trek RPG.