What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

My first RP was a Batman RP on Yahoo!Groups, about 22 years ago -- I played Catwoman.

I can't remember the first RP that I created and ran, but it was around that same time, and I'm pretty sure it was an X-Men game.

Yay, memories! ❤️

user posted image  

• 4 weeks later...

Very first RP was a "fantasy school yaoi RP" on deviantART chat. I had no idea what any  of that meant. Clicked on it, saw people posting, and then they taught me how to RP. I didn't join again after that day, I went onto other RPs more my scene. xD

My very first forum RP was of the "...You're a Wizard, Harry" genre.

jAV3hKd.png

Mine was a fantasy RP in a place called anime-chat forever ago, LOL. We went on a journey to save a kingdom.

• 4 weeks later...

Harry Potter. And a little X-Men, but mostly Harry Potter, I was at that age when I started RPing online. My first one I tried to open was a werecreature school.

My first RP was an OC supernatural RP involving X-men type characters that had to save the world. It was horribly mismanaged by the GM but that didn't deter me from finding better people to RP with and here we are - over a decade later.

The first RP I ever joined was some sort of owl RP when I was like, 10? I remember getting my app pended with a request for more detail on my character's appearance and being like, she's a barn owl, how much detail can I put in? Barn owls don't vary that wildly!

• LOL 2

• 3 weeks later...

*carbon dates self*  AOL chatroom Taverns. I often was the wench looking for an adventurer. Or Sailor Moon. I was 13 and that is STILL the best anime. Convince my otherwise. 

• I read this! 1

BFDTRIAL.png.529db59dba91cf02803411f1d464de5d.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea what my first RP was, technically, but I would suspect it was some high school based group on Shelfari, where I did the bulk of my original roleplaying. This was before I learned to write properly, and I distinctly remember that I always used to play the very stereotypical 'mean girl' type character before I realised that I wrote men a lot more fluidly and my entire style completely changed. After that, sometime in early 2011, I joined Hogwarts Online, which was my first forum RP (actually, I think it was the second one I joined, because I'd sort of accidentally attempted to join some dead site first before realising that no one was actually on there anymore). Back in those days my two main genres were Harry Potter or high school and nothing else, which is mad in comparison to now when I will literally go for anything so long as it grabs my interest.

• Agree 1

gQuvI9r.png

~ talmeides university of magic ~

plotrequestsdiscordface claimsadvertising ♦

I remember it as if it were yesterday.

If we're going to consider online RP as what is first - then it was Star Wars. On a place called TalkCity, and they have av variety of chatrooms that were SW-based. Such as: The Sith Infiltrator, Watto

s Junkyard. And I've never looked back.

• Love 1

My first was a medieval fantasy original. My first one staffing was the same. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first as a member was a trio era Harry Potter board. My first as staff was the same genre, but different board.

spacer.png

Come and join us in Ancient Rome!

My first RP was on a horse breeding site... we roleplayed as Warrior Cats in the virtual world.

spacer.png

I started with wolves, as you do when you are like 11, and that evolved into establishing a hell hound rp that was surprisingly successful for the time. Mind you, this was about a billion years ago, predating boards as we know them when all we had were aol chatrooms, email updates, and those old school aol mb's that you had to apply to get.😬

ᴘᴏᴜғᴋɪɴ : frandly and unlikely to bite, feel free to message.

⬊ Wonder Comics ⬋
Qv8rB5C.png tumblr_inline_n1bjtjyyTN1qk1or3.gif 8d47c0ec5675a7cc00587f1ece0e8182-dak46gp.png spacer.png