What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

My first RP which introduced me to the many, many forums of role-play was Percy Jackson.

My first roleplay was absolutely wolves on neopets forums. I think the first independent forum site I played on was a Full Metal Alchemist board. How times have changed.

https://passingstrange.net/images/misc/passingstrangebanner.png

Buffyverse for both.

Ad-bar-long.gif.722dc28f494a5bc598f47e3c8466b27b.gif

THE HAUNTED - A Horror Survival Jam Jar currently in Development
Interested in helping? My inbox is open!

MM my first on an app called pimd, i forget some of the details of it but it was an odd experience for sure to roleplay on an app that isnt even meant for such a thing

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I was born and raised on warrior cats RPs. XD Still fond of them because of the structure they have. Then my second love was an adoptables RP site called Hidden Crossroads (or HxRv2) back in 2009... the site's still kicking though, and now I'm a staff member on it years later!

Hello! New member extraordinare!

My ex- got me to join them on a superheroes rp! So that was my first one!

However, after that, I ended up on wolf/animal rp's for a long time! XD

Guest burningbridges19

I started on RP Repository, which is sort of a general RPG forum. I did mostly Victorian Era historical RP there (watched Downton Abbey religiously back then).

My first genre was Fantasy/Medieval back in ye ol' day lol. I played an angel. I played superheroes and anime but fantasy/medieval was my first taste of something original and it lasted a while.

My very first RPs were medieval fantasy, because back in the day, I was o b s e s s e d with elves. Occasionally I would drop (haha) into the DRoP hatching threads they used to host on the Neopets boards. Then I got whisked away to a Harry Potter forum, during the times you had to make alt accounts on Neopets to advertise external sites, just in case that landed you with a ban. Those were the days!

My very first RPG was Star Trek, which I found on Yahoo Clubs (before they were Groups and then ... nothing? I think), and that was a gateway to SO many fandom rpgs. I was majorly obsessed with Buffy when it was on (and still now tbh), so it led to a lot of Buffy rpgs - I think I ran about twenty of those bad boys for a time. 

I realised that while I have been roleplaing for the past eighteen months I did dabble once about six years before. The genre was vampires vs werewolves.  The main place I have learned to RP was modern day supernatural so that's probably why I have built the same since it's what I learned on and enjoy.

"You tie the knot, I'll start the fire."

~ The Amity Affliction

spacer.png

The World Withing - Modern Supernatural Roleplay (JCINK 18+)

• 3 weeks later...

My very first attempt at forum roleplaying is a little too NSFW/weird to talk about (a friend begged me to join), but it definitely started an intense craving for RP. After that site, I mostly stuck to those cringey high school RP sites that were popular years ago and zombie/apocalypse sites for a while, and then eventually branched out. I still love a good zombie or horror site these days, but they're near impossible to find sadly...

Candide: An original dystopian RPG

Some sort of weird Xena/Hercules chat rp. Kinda like an AOL chat but this was before AOL. :x

I think the first I admin'd on was an HP site my long time rp friend ran.  Then I ran my own with a friend about an alternate verse of demon/angle progeny. I would like to say I was a massive asshole admin on that thing. And apologize.

88x31buttondandy.png

First site I joined as a member was a Kingdom Hearts one just before Kingdom Hearts II was released.

I have forgotten what the first site I had been an admin on, but it was likely my failed attempt to make a Legend of Heroes site.

KvrAHBW.png

Fodlan Chronicles - A Fire Emblem Based RP Forum
Home | Getting Started | Affiliation Guidelines | Advertisements