What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

My first RP was a Kingdom Hearts II rpg about three years before it released. In which Sora’s son was the BHK/Roxas and Goofy and Donald fused into an evil monster called Gonaldy. I was like 12 lol

Damn sorry for the double post my phone glitched.

Edited by Cman710

Mine was a sonic-based one which was weird since I didn't really watch sonic or liked it at the time. 

oh gosh... my first rp was on Neopets... more specifically in a Lupe guild. 

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png

The first place I RP'd on was Gaia Online and I think the first roleplay was fantasy. That would be my best guess considering it's my favorite genre. That was a long time ago at this point though, haha. I have a vague memory of a camp with people who have different powers and I'm pretty sure that was my first RP. The first forum with a site-wide RP didn't come until later when I joined one that was basically a bunch of fandom crossovers and they were all in the same place. That was actually pretty fun.

dreamcityrpgsig.png

I actually started out in the RP subfourm of a Zoo Tycoon fansite in a Dinosaur King RP of all things. From there, it was a bit of RP on Gaia Online, then I found the Zoids and Yu-Gi-Oh! RPs that are still my main homes online to this day. There have been a few other sites here and there but pretty much one of them lasted long enough to be more than a blip.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh goodness, I legit cringe at where I started rp. It was around 2008, back on a site called wetpaint. It was a chat based wolf roleplay that majored in short rapidfired one-liners, complete with their own 'custom' vocabulary. It was.. interesting. But I mean, it helped me gain speed in my writing, gave me invaluable practice, and gave birth to one of my favorite characters, so I guess that it all worked out well. Some days though I do wonder what happened to the writers on ole Shadow Diamond. I stuck with them for almost a year until they closed. 

My first was a small wolf one. That site wen on to have a few other smaller rps there. It ended up becoming an all-round one with a bunch of smaller rps with no focus rather than the wolf one it started as.

Ramis Fatorum

• 3 weeks later...

My first rp experiences were on a game that I still play called The Land of Karchan.

I was 13 or 14, and I was looking for online games. I had tried a few telnet games and didn't like them. I found Karchan and thought I'd give it a try.

I've now been playing Karchan since 1998 and I've been an admin for going on 8 years (in October).

It was based on LOTR type fantasy, but it heavily evolved over the years and now it is fantasy/supernatural/some horror elements too. Some of my favorite characters include a violent mermaid, a prickly were-jaguar, and a vampiric elemental who is the high priestess for the Goddess of Music.

It's been a ride, lol, but I'm happy there.

I was also on an online forum one time called Koigokoro (sp?) Academy, that was about an all-male academy. It was yaoi based. I miss those characters sometimes, but I can't figure out a way to bring them over to Karchan, so I have to cut my losses.

• Love 1

image.png.c0ee5c69e645e4b9a58958d449be951d.png

Sci-Fi both StarTrek and StarGate.

I've only ever really played in the ST and SG ubiverses since. I wouldn't mind trying Shadow Hunters though.

Edited by Gabriel Reyes

Commander Gabriel Reyes

Commanding Officer, USS Tesla

TF72, Obsidian FLeet

• 2 weeks later...

The first RPG I ever got involved in was a fantasy board, and the first active site I remember staffing on was X-Men. 

My first RPG (and my second, which was the first one I ran) was Harry Potter - specifically trio era. When I think about those days I still cringe somewhat thinking about how I had no idea about godmodding and all those things but I was young and new to it, so you live and learn.

FBTAff-4.png
FBT is an original (modern) supernatural rpg.

• 4 weeks later...

Wolves were my very first, moved onto horses, did lions for an extremely long time, and now do wolves and lions. I have ventured into human-type RPGs but I don't last long in them. Occasionally some game or book based rpgs (harry potter, pokemon, etc) catch my attention but I haven't ventured into those in years.

• 1 month later...

I don't remember which roleplay I joined specifically, but I know I started roleplaying on Bulbagarden forums back around 2009-ish and I would roleplay as, you guessed it: pokemon! I'm not even sure if evidence of me ever roleplaying there even exists there anymore after all this time. But to keep it short, my time on Bulbagarden left a lot to be desired and even more to regret.

My first RP genre was a high school where the students all had superpowers, or where demons/angels/aliens etc.

*insert signature here*