What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

My first RP was based around Heralds of Valdemar, a book series by Mercedes Lackey, first as canon characters and then by designing characters that fit into the world to play with. This was a verbal RP with a friend.

The first one I actually joined and used the name RP for was either a Harry Potter rp or horses. I'm not 100% sure which one.

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

I first started role playing in Yahoo Group chats.

When I was in high school I started role playing on sites that were based on my favorite tv shows (Buffy, Charmed, etc). 

I still rp in fandom rp sites based on my favorite shows like Charmed, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Vampire Diaries/The Originals, etc.

My first RP was a real life high school site that I joined while I was in high school!

spacer.png

SITE BUZZ | DISCORD
OPENING 24 OCTOBER

• 1 month later...

My first rp was and is still based on fantasy adventure (with elements of sci-fi to boot)!

22JD6zG.png

15 Years Online! Join the legacy!

neopets

there i said it!

i wouldn't count that as a genre but i was literaly on neopets rping neopets XD lupes specifically lol. and that was how i learned that website rps was a thing! and it was all downhill from there pfft.

The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

• 2 weeks later...

I think my very first roleplaying game was Harry Potter, but I can't quite remember what the plot was or if it was just a general Hogwarts School one. I definitely remember it having a profound effect on me though, and I fell in love with roleplaying. xD I was also part of a Disney one I think, and eventually I attempted to create a Lion King one that meshed with Harry Potter. Somehow it got a few members, but back then, I feel roleplaying was a more innocent time. xD 

[center][URL=https://spideyrpg.proboards.com/]INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE: A MULTI-VERSE MARVEL/DC RPG[/URL]
[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/785308193467269143/793175360685604884/SV-ad.jpg[/IMG][/center]

• 3 weeks later...

My first ever RP was doing InuYasha t-2 para fighting as Kagura in Yahoo Chats.

My first site RP was on GaiaOnline. And I think I was doing some X-Men based stuff?

My first actual self-hosted (jcink, IF, PB, etc) was a One Tree Hill based fandom on V-Bulletin. 

siggy

I first started roleplaying on neopets... yep. then i moved to roleplaying forum sites and roleplayed on a harry potter game soon after!

NSD_affiliate_1.png

NSD - Never Say Die

an original, stylized, nonrealistic animal rp

My very first RP was in Yahoo!Groups circa 1998 -- it was a Batman RP. I wrote for Catwoman.

user posted image  

• 2 weeks later...

My first ever roleplay was a Loveless roleplay xD

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Neopets and Furcadia, and then to forums. I used to bounce between furc and forums over the years, but since it's quite dead now I'm exclusively on forums.

behemoth

I started with Star Wars and Star Trek genres about 15 years ago and now slowly moved into the world of Harry Potter

A fart is nothing but the lonely cry of an imprisoned turd.

Neopets 😑

Then it was onto Harry Potter for me!

When the internet rolled in my area I remember using MIRC and html chats to rp on. I confess I did a lot of boyband themed rps. Oh boy reading that stuff years later made me cringe and ask my younger self; why I did it.

In 2000 I started to actively write in the Anne Rice fandom, I branch more from that years later.

• 5 weeks later...

One liners in a Dragonball Z chatroom on AOL.  Hell yeah.