What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

Here's a kicker note which made me grin! The person who ran that first X-Men RPG many long years ago is rebooting and has asked me to join. I am such a sucker.

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

Some kind of fantasy mish-mash, courtesy of AOL's old Rhydin roleplay chatrooms.  It was every bit as bad as the linked author describes it.  😋

"Of all that is written, I love only what a man has written with

his own blood."  Friedrich Nietzsche ~ Thus Spake Zarathustra

3paIAn.gif 3pasUm.png 3ica7j.gif 3pa1UW.png 

First text-based RP was a wolf one called Serenity River Pack when I was about 11 years old -insert cringe here-

My first overall one was on the MMORPG World of Warcraft lolol

My very first site was a Redwall one; I was also staff for the first time there. The first site I made on my own was...I think a His Dark Materials one? I never actually got it active, though.

I ran an urban fantasy/anthro site on Avidgamers years and years ago. The first one I really actively tried to run, however, was a Pern one.

The first one I was a member on... I honestly don't remember. 

My first was scifi and my second was super powers... o.O at least I'm consistent...

tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

My first RP was a chat-based game called Theatre des Vampires that started off inspired by Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, but rapidly expanded to cover D&D and a bunch of other fantasy and horror franchises, as well as original work. There was no central plot; everything was player driven, and though I cringe looking back at a lot of what we all wrote now, I met some great people who I'm still in touch with today.

0226a8a84212702579ada441fb13616a.png
Guest Login: View Only | PW: sundoctrog

The first RP I ever did was a wolf rp in chat style on Neopets. My first time being a staff member was a few years after that on a long standing Canine RPG. I eventually went a different path with my interests but that site stayed around for awhile, it only recently closed to be honest. It was kind of sad to see it close its doors after so many years, but I am glad I shifted to other genres that I prefer much more.

v7mhkA.png

Original Fantasy RPG

RP on a whole it was a weird chat thing I created - Pokemon Gjinka but not it was more like magical girls crossed with pokemon.

Forums was definitely a Harry Potter rp where I godmodded everything and I can still find it and I hide under my covers every time I still feel bad about it :')

Guest pyrite

First ever forum rpg was back when Suddenlaunch was a huge deal. I played a blood bay, light aligned, Arabian mare at the site Celestial Valley. It was my first experience developing a character, other than my private fanfic journals (XD). It was an interesting experience, but I only had about one plot...and I learned a lot of lessons.

Shortly after, I branched out to some human role plays. At the time, it was difficult for me to separate my individual personality and a character's personality. Hence why I barely play as humans. It's still a struggle.

Mine was an anime multi-genre/panfandom forum, much like the one I have now! I guess I stuck with it cuz I liked it so much. ^^

My first RP was a Twilight RP, it was pretty much all I wanted to RP at first. Then I eventually got into RP for the sake of RP and not just for celebrating fandoms. 

tumblr_nx4ienk1Vz1uci4p8o1_500.gif

Wolves for me. I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen much in the way of them in this thread - horses have really dominated, lol. A mite cringey I was, but at the same time I still use her when I get the urge.

I wonder who here might have been there? Wolves of the Crystal Winds, anyone? I loved that place so much, back in the AcornRack days.

My first rp ever was a medieval fantasy rp.

My first forum rp was panfandom.

My first admin experience was a Golden Compass RP.

tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

Neopets Roleplay forums! And then a wolf forum called Anatole, then Northern Boundaries.

-pulls at face- that was so long agoooo