What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

I guess it depends on the type of roleplay. For table tops, it was Vampire the Masquerade. From there on out it was all white-wolf universes from World of darkness, like Mage the Ascension and Werew the apocalypse. 

As for forum Roleplays, It had been on Gaiaonline. I always veered toward Fantasy ones.

The first forum I created and was the admin for was a Steven Universe forum back when it was still new.

Edited by MAD

903463525_fish-bottlecopy.png.a7f351980f4f165fa67d95fe6297fae5.png

If I had known about rp when I wad younger, I would have a much more impressive resume than I do. I started roughly four years ago, and it was on an original Harry Potter site called The Next Incantation. I had some fun there, after someone helped me get a hang of how to actually rp. From there, I've stuck entirely with fantasy or anime rp

Haven't been a staff member yet, but have my own site in the works at the moment.

My first genre that I joined as well as staffed in was Sailor Moon way back in the day. They were PBeM RPs so didn't survive long lol

adV1.gif

My first roleplay was my own, back then I did not feel comfortable with roleplaying in English and the only Dutch Star Trek roleplay I found had gone inactive. So I started my own roleplay off the bat

Dune: Sands of Time

A cooperative writing group based on Frank Herberts Dune

I started roleplaying on Yahoo Groups. My first rp was a Buffy The Vampire Slayer one.

I mostly role play on fandom based forums (Buffy, Charmed, Supernatural, DC, etc)

I own a few fandom sites of my own.

I started roleplaying on a Harry Potter forum/website called Durmstrang Institute (I think the url was dinstitute.something-or-another, which I can't believe I remember). I went from there to another HP roleplay to a sandbox/free for all place where I played a vampire and yeah. I still play HP roleplays (though not so much Hogwarts/school focused things) and modern fantasy in various forms.

I think I joined a wolf rp once but the writing intimidated me (it was very purple prose looking back and my English wasn't quite ready for that) so I never had an illustrious animal-rp career. Oh well. I had a cringey over-powered vampire who looked 16 but was like 800 years old instead so that was fun XD

My first was Warrior Cats. I was obsessed with the books at the time.

Hey!

I did a lot of yahoo IM chat roleplay, playing all sorts of kiddos like Aeris Gainsborough (FVII), Sakura (Naruto), Kagura Sohma (Fruits Basket), and random others, but my first forum roleplay was a Harry Potter one back in Jan 2006 that I stuck with until 2013-14? A long, long time. It was called HPRPG.net.

Then my first roleplay ever admining was Disney Unleashed back in April-May 2006, a Disney canon roleplay, that I still technically have to this day in a incredibly modified version lol. 

tumblr_inline_mi4wioKiIr1roozkr.giftumblr_inline_mi4wi5wYHQ1roozkr.giftumblr_inline_mi4whxLHiF1roozkr.gif

Join ODL's Discord!
xuv911.png  xSxavN.png
NTRL coming eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

First forum as a member was a realistic wolf RP.

First forum I admin'd was a fantasy wolf RP. It was a direct result of some creative differences compared to the admin of the first forum. >.>

Oh goodness, that was so long ago. But interesting question though, because I really  had to pause and think about it before I remembered. It was a Tolkien's Silmarillion  small group RP on an AOL forum, back when people used AOL to role-play. My character was a female elf who could cast spells. That was my very first adventure in group RP'ing. Been hooked to it ever since.

My first online roleplay was in the Chathouse's East Wing, the Vampire Court, which was mish mash of Vampires and other supernatural creatures that eventually moved over to World of Darkness setting. I was in there just to chat, at 16 and was like well people are doing strange stuff, and then figured out they were chatting as characters instead of themselves. 

My first staff position was on a Dragon AGE RP site back in 2009, eventually became admin for about 6 years. 

As a member is was based in the Gilmore Girls world.  As a staff member it was a Hollywood rp with fictional celebs.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

First for members was Marvel. First for staff was technically also Marvel, but I didn't have a single solitary clue what I was doing and the board died in a month. My first successful staff attempt (and second overall) was for a modern fantasy/supernatural.

• 2 weeks later...

First ever roleplay experiences were wolves... and then warrior cats.  I would still roleplay warriors if they were more adult roleplays.  I tend to like mature themes and plots these days.

560477986_OmneTopsitesBanner.jpg.e4efd3b88a4bc89491a2b81775acca91.jpg

Link

The very first RP I joined was basically a Harry Potter fanfic. I didn't feel welcome at all, so I only stayed for a few days until I found something a bit more engaging (also Harry Potter).

By then I'd gotten the bug so I set out to make my own, this time a modern supernatural comedy/drama type thing. Soon thereafter followed an original superhero rp, and then I joined a big multigenre forum. Fun times.