What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

My first-first RP was Harry Potter, way back in the long wait between Books 4 and 5, and it was done in a random chat app with some friends. It just sort of started organically, and then we were doing it all the time.

But y'all, it was so bad. SO BAD. And obviously it was a long time ago and we've all got to start somewhere, but wow. Yeah.

The good news is I got better, and stayed in HP for several years with the occasional foray into random other single canons. There was an X-Men game I played with a couple friends that was not exactly great either, but that I still have fond memories of, if only because I learned a lot.

I would say "High fantasy"?  I don't really know what Rhydin was on AOL... it was kind of a hodgepodge of everything... lol.  

absinthebanner.jpg

You can find me at: 

absintheaffiliate.gif spacer.png DuellumAffiliate.jpg.300504c568bebb615a1863c5d5947415.jpg static-historicalrp.jpg.25bcabc927a0bcaa

The first ever RP I joined was a Pokemon RP; it was more in that it was part of a competition between various teams.  There was so much drama in it, due to some really harsh staff and me being new to RPing in general.

tumblr_o4od0wR43y1ta7p7ko1_400.gif

Button.gif 

Currently working on: a Fire Emblem RP set in Tellius

• 1 month later...

My first RP was a wild equine horse RP.  I honestly don't remember the name of it now.

My first ever RP was... political in nature. It was basically a bunch of people RPing a sort of United Nations type thing for this online thing I cannot for the life of me think of how to describe called NationStates. That was my very first taste of RP. From there I moved on to more character driven things, Small Town real life types. Those were first steps into it all.

My first two, joined within the same week, were a Resident Evil canon RP, and a Firefly RP. The Firefly one died fairly quickly, but stuck with me (hence why I have one now!). The Resident Evil one taught me a lot about what not to do, which is valuable, as well.

geronimo.png

I believe the first RP I did was at The Raven Shrine - so Teen Titan. Then I moved onto an Animorphs which proceeded to turn into a full-on sandbox where anything goes.

I'm pretty sure the first game I ever rped on was a wolf rp.  I think it was called something like Amethyst Mountain (which google tells me is now a wolf computer game).  There was definitely 'mountain' in the name anyway.  There was a big rift in the community after some members started giving their wolf characters magic powers (there was absolutely NO admin oversight on this game; people just made characters as they wanted, so no app process or anything) and finally the admins had to step in and say their game was completely realistic. 

My first fandom game was Redwall on Neopets.  There was a guild and everything.

The first game I ever staffed was a Dragonriders of Pern one.

My first rpg was actually a Harry Potter one. PotterAcademy, but it closed down.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 1:41 PM, SithLordOfSnark said:

My very first RP was a Vampire the Masquerade game.

Mine was too! At least my first serious one. It ended pretty badly but it was really fun for a couple years [:

1768993049_lssig.png.528ca56ae06dad54600991b2a8d34cf9.png

• 3 weeks later...

My first roleplay experience was on Neopets/Wajas a very long time ago. And then I hopped around on AOL chats here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

A fantasy wolf RP. It was terrible but I had fun.

my very first site was a next gen hp site called colourless. it was before dh was released so it was interesting to look back and see what was right (ron/hermione, harry's oldest child named james) we got so much wrong. however it was fun and my introduction to the rp world. 

thaffbutton3.png

first role play was themed Olympus

Edited by Marje96