What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

Harry Potter. My daughter actually got me into role playing. Now I’m in Walking Dead and Real Life,

48B2BDDB-40A9-4752-9E3F-C4378F7CA7CF.jpeg

My first RPs were on Neopets... I did a lot of gifteds and dragon rider RPs. 😛 Then I moved onto fandom RPs like the Legend of Zelda, and finally, medieval fantasy, which I've been RPing for.... hm... like 5 years exclusively now?

2vyeCC8.jpg

RULESBEGINNER'S GUIDELOREADVERTISING

We're a 3-3-3 freeform medieval fantasy RPG! Come have some coffee (or ale) with us and have a good time! <:

• 2 weeks later...

Fantasy.. it's what started my love for dragons lol. First major character was a dragonkin lol.

jlLQ2fy.png

• 3 weeks later...

I dunno under which genre it falls more... AU or Fantasy :')

It was on a board that didn't distinguish between genres cause roleplay wasn't their main focus. The game itself took place on modern day earth where the greek gods were real and our characters had to save the world (though I'm not sure anymore why the  gods couldn't take care of everything themselves

Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don't have to have the most talent in the world. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.

Dean Cain

IjdT9HX.png
1x1 Partner Searches | Group Searches

My first 'legit' RP was DBZ, albeit a 'parallel/alternate universe' version where the staff had made subtle changes to the lore (Planet Vegeta and OG Planet Namek never being blown up were probably the big ones).

It was a heavy, stats-based system but one where new members could still get an edge because a lot of judgment calls incorporated writing quality.  I wound up staying there through a pair of reboots and a transition to a 'fully custom characters' site before the place died. 

logo.png

• 3 weeks later...

My first was Dragonriders of Pern, albeit as really weird version since it was the 90's and the author was sending out cease and desist letters via lawyer to fans.  I was 11 and clueless at the time.  

Surprisingly I stuck with it!

My first ever forum RP's were all Harry Potter related. :3

• 3 weeks later...

I was 10 and was a patriarch of a family that slowly turned to vampires. It was a smut ridden rp, my tender innocent mind O.o

• 2 weeks later...

Fantasy. I was in a big fantasy stretch having jumped into a genre after years of living off Star Wars and Dune novels. I got into RP playing a David Eddings MUD because I had just finished the Belgariad, again. After that, I was in several MUD and MUSH games before I came across a fantasy online RP that claims to be the first text online RPGhttp://avalon-rpg.com. Anyone played that? I'm surprised it's still around and I'll definitely poke around there now that I've stumbled upon it again.

Advent Destiny - a Gundam roleplay

ad_banner1.png.6b7377d8cd59b5bf9b96416790d23fb0.png

• 2 weeks later...

Horses.  It was the 90s.  I was eleven.

My first roleplaying was on a multi-genre roleplay forum nearly 17 years ago. I believe I did HP roleplays to start with and a few LOTR.

Like so many others, my first game was a horse game. I was invited to play by a high school friend back in 2002. I was addicted straight away but didn't realise there were other kinds of game to play! It wasn't until about a year later I started to make my own games and then realise there were medieval games.  -whispers- I feel so old. 

The first RP I ever joined was a a Warriors site that I stumbled across when I was eight because I Googled "Warrior cats" and it showed up in the results along with the official site. Eleven years later and the first site I've ever admined is a DC site (which, coincidentally, is only the second human/humanoid RP I've joined, as opposed to the feral dogs that have occupied most of my stretch).