What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

I started out on wolf rps when I was too young to be writing on Proboards via their ToS (but, you know, as most children do, I thought I was a rebel and mature enough). I cringe when I think about that time of my life, but it gave birth to a passion, so ultimately I'm thankful haha

spacer.png

home. | guidebook. | canons. | discord.

Lol my very first role-play was actually in a chatbox where I played Tenchi Masaki from Tenchi Muyo! strictly because all the other ladies in the chat were the various girls from that show lmao I was maybe 8?

output-onlinegiftools-2.gif.27f54d3db458a355aed79097c05c01ce.gif

"For You Are An Architect; A Worldshaper."
site | discord

• 1 month later...

Harry Potter on Neopets which was where I found the link to my first proboards forum and became absolutely hooked.

Oh snap. I started role-playing when I was at the tender age of 9 years old -- When I would sneak out into the living room and pray that the dial-up sound for the internet would not wake my parents. I would have to go all the way back when avidgamers and acornrack were still in their prime. I had joined a wolf site that I can't remember the name of for the life of me. I had played a timber wolf named Hakkai back in those days, that's about as much as I can recall. haha

Exadia_1607909613.png.e626ceeebe9fcd612aeb490e0e0b1079.png

When I was young, I wrote a lot. But it was always by myself and I had never even considered the idea of writing with others. I ended up making a friend in college who role-played. At first, I had no idea what she was talking about. I looked it up one day when I was bored and ended up finding a Victorian roleplay site called Absinthe on toprpsites. I loved the genre, so I clicked on it. I have now been on that site for two years and counting. When I first joined, I didn't know much, but my writing was definitely up to par. By the time I told a few of the members it was my first time, they were quite shocked. Of course, it wasn't all sweet smells and roses. I was TERRIBLE at putting in dialogue and giving my partner something to work with. My writing was good, but it took me a bit to grasp the concept of giving legit material to respond to. 

• Love 1

My first site I ever really played on was Storycrafter. There I realized I was a terrible godmodder and should probably learn how to write- mind you I was ten years old and didn't actually know what that meant. From there I went to a site called HogwartsLive where I cultivated friendships that I still have to this day- and met people who brought me to bigger and better things. (And taught me that it is totally not okay to puppet a group of people into a completely different scene. Ten year old me, shame on you!)

Signature.gif.f990d17d00a304eecbd3578bd5de4cf5.gif

• 1 month later...

the first site i remember joining was a charmed and harry potter mixed rp

live.png

Animal roleplay, more specifically Warriors. Human RP too.

owner of some website ❤️

My very first RP was Narnia based. I played a centaur who adopted a kid with unicorn blood. I can't even remember his name now.

My very first RP was on Avidgamers, and was equine. Back when horses were just horses and didn't need magical powers and plots and whatnot. I haven't seen a pure equine RP in so very many years lol.

My first RP I ran was also an equine RP, but the first successful site I ran was a DRoP site prior to my current one.

HaLp2lk.png
October-2017.png 

I think my first time doing forum RP was on a Lion King fansite. It was a self-contained RP that was part of a larger site and it was about a combo of canon characters and OCs during Scar's reign.

Been roleplaying for about 8-9 years.

• 1 month later...

My very first RP was a proboards Warriors site!