What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

6 minutes ago, clipsed said:

Omg who were you on LE!?

Clipsey #182 😉

I can't remember! lol

Omg that account is old! You would have been a god on LE!

• Preach it! 1

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

Eh, the characters weren't so bad... its the popularity contest the horse rpgs become once dealing with people older than their teens. [giggles] Its funny, really.

Closest thing I got to games like Horseland was Neopets. I think thats officially where it all started for me, now that I think about it. 

• Admin

I feel like one of the few that never started or played an animal rp ever. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Some sort of anime high school site. All I remember was it being purple and how much I sucked as a teen writer 😂😂
After that, it was some sort of supernatural site based on a series. I consider that my true starting point since I was finally getting away from chat-speak and one-liners. Never did get on the Neopet train. Even had to ask what it was when a friend mentioned that was where she began. 

• Like 1

poke_clash2.png

vPhN5b.png                      

A supernatural fantasy about spirit animals set in Somerset, Pennsylvania

• Operations Mod

I got my start with supernatural fantasy, namely werewolves and vampires. The werefloofs are still my favorite. 

Second to that were dystopian/apocalypse settings which I also still tend to favor. 

@Morrigan

• Like 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

My very first was an original HP site. I did go into some fantasy, and parody fantasy stuff... but HP was always my weakness. Tally is partly a tribute to that first site. 😄

• Like 1

[Image: oZwmoj.png]
the australian potterverse | we're back in black

Does fantasy wolf rp count as a genre?

My very first role-plays were teen camp, high school settings, and teen cruises. Then I moved to wolf RPGs and settled in Harry Potter fandom for a *looong* time. Now, I kinda genre hop and primarily do one x one role-plays of various genres/stories.

lipsbanner.jpg

Red Light District Role-Playing.

Adult role-playing forum.
Fulfill your fantasies in the Red Light District.

Video game and anime sites. Specifically, I was pretty deeply mired in the Suikoden, Fire Emblem, and Shin Megami Tensei series. I also RPed Naruto and Bleach. I've RPed Pokemon on and off through the years. 

Original wise, I did fantasy RP with artwork I drew and then moved onto original modern fantasy. 

But it all started with Legend of Mana...

• Like 1

Reality is an illusion. 

Harry Potter! Post-Potter and set in Hogwarts. 😄

• Like 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

The first RP I joined was probably a horse rp site. Like we played as the horses and... yeah. I grew out of animal rp pretty fast because the words man I needed a dictionary to translate sometimes.

The first RP I adminned that was not exclusively me and one friend was actually an Avatar: The Last Airbender board set after the finale of the show. It was marginally successful for about a year.

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

*squints* I think...a chat room rpg that started off based on Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and rapidly became mixed genre, including high fantasy. Also, about the same time, I got into 1:1 RP with fans of a m/m romance author, using original characters inspired by her world.

In retrospect, I was much too young to be messing around with either of those, but I seem to have turned out just fine.

0226a8a84212702579ada441fb13616a.png
Guest Login: View Only | PW: sundoctrog

I actually had a LARP group with X-men characters before I even knew what roleplay or LARP was. We had set characters, set scene starters, props, the whole thing.

When I moved online in like... 2002, my first one was a LotR chat roleplay that lasted for a long, long time. I'm still friends with people I've met through this one. (God, I'm old)

Shady McShaderson

resident evil.   I'd give a lung to find a good solid place for that. 

WLE97c7.gif

I believe my first text-based roleplay as a member was in a Sci-Fi tavern setting chat room via WebTV / TalkCity. Then like a day or two later, I found out there were high / medieval fantasy rooms and was like "Peace! I'm out!"

As far as an admin, I began in chat with high / medieval fantasy, then gradually moved onto forums.

banner-01-88x31.jpg
Khyeras: an original fantasy RPG.

"I keep wanting to write 'dwarves' as 'drawers'."

"Land of the Drawers... we call it... Ikea."