What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

Wolves, on the olden days of chatroom rp on Yahoo! Messenger.

Star Wars! It's what got me into roleplaying and it's been the vast majority of what I've roleplayed ever since. The first site I was on got spun off of a GameFAQs thread, of all things. It was pretty terrible, looking back, but I've still got a really fond spot in my heart for it. I sometimes go back to peek in on it just to remember those old days.

Edited by Rugs

Administrator, Star Wars Universe RP

An AU Star Wars Roleplay set in the Old Republic era

Story | Cast

My very very first RP was on a Legacy of Kain fan forum where the admin made a thread and said we all had to be in it. It was basically Legacy of Kain, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts and like a dozen other things mashed together but the dude who ran it thought it was original because no one else had combined all these properties. Also he played a lot of NPCs who fawned over him and he wanted us to be PCs who fawned over him. Being contrarian  I said it'd be more fun to fight him but he disintegrated me with and energy blast from his keyblade. A few weeks later he started pming me saying he could resurrect me but at that stage I was like "You know RP seems awful???".

Some time later I realised that RP is not necessarily like that.

Edited by The Seven
  • LOL 1

spacer.png

Leave us some Anonymous In Character Feedback!
We'll have a thread where we discuss it and get angry.
It'll be great.

I started on Neopets...so I guess technically Lupes, Gelerts, Kougras, Ixis...stuff like that, lol.  MOSTLY Lupes, though.  I suppose my interest in the more "dog-like" Neopets led me into wolf roleplaying.  From there, it was horse roleplay (I can't say for sure how I got into that from wolves).

spacer.png

ELPIDA — non-canon/oc wizarding world | centralized school | 18+ | jcink premium ]

An original superpowers school RP based on my actual school that I played on ezboard with my actual school friends. It was truly the purest RP experience I've ever had - there were no rules, we wrote about the main hall being turned into neopolitan ice cream, the third floor of the science block doing illegal human cloning, our characters going on a trip to Spain and blundering into performing at a charity rock concert, a pair of government-designed boots that turned one character into a badass lady Jason Bourne, and the skeleton from Biology class coming to life and trying to take over the school. 

image.png.983b918f46a287076416c1e642250e6a.png

• 2 weeks later...

The first RPs I've been in were mostly medieval fantasy types, although I barely find it did count as it was on the infamous Neopet forums. The first real rp board I joined was werewolf-themed one, where werewolves went against a big corporation in a post-apocalyptic world. I think the idea was not original. I played some were-komodo dragon, go figure.

oUIk3c.gif
Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more... 
Plenty of canons available, and OC are more than welcomed as well

Ultima Online. It was a mishmash group of people who were always In Character, people who ((broke character)), and people who were really determined to describe what the internet was to a pixelated chick wearing spiked bikini armor on a subarctic island.

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

My first RP was a Balto/wolf rp on an old Balto fansite forum called The Icy Boards. I think that was around 2004? It's been a long time. I've RPed lions and humans as well, but have always gone back to wolves.

This is a signature!

Mine was a Horseland rpg on AIM.  Good times full of silliness lol

in Play-by-post it was Sailor Moon, if you mean childhood LARP I don't remember... I mean how many people haven't played house during their childhood which is basically a very informal LARP.

“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.” - Dr. Seuss

My very first online RPs were all wolf and horse RPs. They were so bad, they were basically an extension of the make believe games you'd play as a kid. Wolfspeak still gives me nostalgia in the worst way.

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Gundam Wing. A mecha RP. Funny enough, I never did another one after that.

The Myst of Avsolom is a medieval high fantasy role play forum set in an original world. It has an easily digestible Lore & Plot Overview page to help new members learn about the setting and jump in.

My first roleplay was when I was about... 11 or 12 on AIM between a few select friends. It was a really lame multi-anime/game fantasy RP, but I have very fond memories of it and don't regret how horribly cringey it was! I was so proud of it!

Something once lost can never be returned.