What is your posting routine?

Gothic

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly don't have one. I just open my laptop (or occasionally phone) and start posting. Sometimes I put on music ... sometimes I have the TV on ... sometimes I'm in the dark ... sometimes I'm in bed ... it varies.

• 5 weeks later...

I usually start listening to music, but then turn it off because it distracts me. I prefer posting at night. I also try to tag to different people when I'm posting. 

4rlXnvM.png

Maudlin
A Post-War Marauders AU, 1985

I tend to post in the evening/late night, and usually I'll pop on a show I've watched before and just write. If I post during the day, it's often because I'm watching a series and when I get to an episode I've already seen (I tend to avoid watching and reading things a second time because I remember them too well), I'll pull up the sites where I owe posts and get to writing.

• 1 month later...

I like sitting down, putting on some mood music, making sure I have a beverage, and re-reading the post at least 20 times before I reply. 

• Agree 1

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

I am of the school of @Gothic -- it's the dead of night, no one is bothering me, I open a billion tabs, get the playlist going on my headphones loud enough to drown out any sound, a cup of tea... procrastinate for a good 20 minutes and then once I start I am golden.

ᴘᴏᴜғᴋɪɴ : frandly and unlikely to bite, feel free to message.

⬊ Wonder Comics ⬋
Qv8rB5C.png tumblr_inline_n1bjtjyyTN1qk1or3.gif 8d47c0ec5675a7cc00587f1ece0e8182-dak46gp.png spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

I stay up late.... I have to post every day, I tell myself. If I'm busy one day, life happens. Posting frequency does rely on how much the writing is inspiring me...

Me again! New posting routine, so a new post here. I'm now up to four characters, and I find what's working for me right now is trying to post all four of them cyclically. Every new posting sesh (sometimes taking place in one day, but more often split among 2 days) I just aim for posting once for all of them. My brain craves novelty so it helps me stay interested. It also helps me spread tags among various writing partners since each of my characters tend to associate with different characters. For some reason, I find it to be less pressure than going by post order or by writing partners. 

4rlXnvM.png

Maudlin
A Post-War Marauders AU, 1985

• 4 weeks later...

It entirely depends on my mindset. 

In a perfect world I'd sit down in my posting place of preferment with either a cup of tea, a gin and tonic or a glass of wine, and work through the replies that I owe in calmness and serenity. But there's a lot to be said for tapping out phone posts on a cramped and busy bus at 7:30 in the morning.

tl;dr I like to think I have a posting routine, but really I write where I can, when I can.

I have to be completely alone in order to write, which has gotten increasingly difficult with what's going on. Because now I'm never alone 😂 But my new posting routine is typically: I wait until I am sure I won't be interrupted, I put on some mood music, close out discord & any other distraction, and just go through my owed posts. 

I can usually get 3-4 posts out a day, but it really depends on how I'm feeling. If I'm really tired, you can assume I got zero written. If I'm super pumped and have all the energy, the number can go up. 

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

I try my best to go in the order that I owe to make it fair but there are times where I will just post with whoever I have the most muse for 

• 2 months later...

Most nights I just need my computer, a drink nearby - maybe some snacks - but mostly I just need to focus. I like to put on the music, have everyone else in the house be asleep, and have little to no distractions to posting. I also like late-night posting because it helps me unwind before bed and most people aren't on, or aren't posting, so I don't feel like i've constantly got a long list of replies to make if I owe them and people respond immediately.

My standard posting routine is at night when I have done everything else.

My usual pace is about one to three posts in the evening depending on how big of a backlog I have.

Besides that, I don't really have anything I do when posting.

KvrAHBW.png

Fodlan Chronicles - A Fire Emblem Based RP Forum
Home | Getting Started | Affiliation Guidelines | Advertisements

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I usually make sure I have something to drink nearby, because nothing stops a groove like dry lips/throat.

I usually make sure my laptop is plugged in or charged, I prefer a lit room and minimal distraction, but have gotten into the habit of turning on Youtube Music in my headphones and just jamming out to things.

I write my most at night, definitely a night owl by nature as I'm a roll outta bed and go to work girl otherwise. I post best anytime between 5pm - 4am but best between 10pm and 2am when most everyone else is asleep in my house. I use google docs to write so will have at least 3-5 of those open, plus the site, and my music.