What is your posting routine?

Gothic

Does anyone have a routine of the the things they do before they set themselves up to start posting?

Do you grab a cuppa and a snack?

Need a well lit room or darkness?
Morning or night owl?
Do you need to sacrifice someone to a daedric prince?

Personally, I prefer posting at 3-5am. It is quiet, still feels like night time, and I tend to be more productive during this time. I need good light (I'm blind these days). And I open up a million tabs, crack my knuckles, close the tabs and open up the post I'm going to reply to, and evernote. (I can make the font huge and if my browser crashes, I haven't lost my post.) 

What about you? 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

Lately I think I need sacrificing someone and I have no more a routine. 😞 I write when I can...

• Agree 1

I tend to get a drink - either a glass of tea, or a soda something like that. Always need caffeine.
I tend to prefer a well lit room but I have been known to forget to turn on my light as day turns into night
Posts happen kind of at sporadically different times. These days I've been getting the majority of my posts done while I'm actually at work (usually earlier in the day between 9:30 and my lunch at 1:30.)

As for actually posting, I tend to open up alllll the threads I owe posts in and answer them in order of receiving them. Sometimes I will go out of order, if I'm really feeling one thread and not another.

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

Not much of a routine... I open my alerts and usually attempt the oldest reply I owe, if that doens't work then I write for another one and go back to that one. Then I delete the alert. I have weird times where sometimes I can't write or create a clear thought for characters, but mostly I try to write when I can. I do use Docs, so I don't loose my post, though!

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

I wish I had a routine to share, but nah. I'll just get the post, read it, copy it into a notepad (I don't trust my browser, even though it has never let me down) and type a reply. As for when I post, basically whenever I have or can carve out five or ten free minutes to drum up something for my partner. 🙂

Shady McShaderson

Lately, my best work has been either first thing in the morning with my cup of coffee....or late at night with a beer. If nobody is currently online, I try to do the Oldest first. Otherwise, it'll be the oldest of who's currently online so that I can give them something to read. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and everything in between is a crap-shoot. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

...I never thought of it before, but I sort of have a routine, yeah.

I first grab myself a glass of water and find a silent place. I don't write with music playing and'll find a door to shut to block out other peoples' noise. I guess I don't have a preference for the lighting, other than a general fondness for natural light. Anyhoo...I select a post to respond to, with no regard to how old the reply is or the importance, just whatever thread strikes my fancy at the time. I open up the Word document archives I keep...and copy n' paste the post I'm replying to into the associated doc, color code the post for the character, and then write my reply in that document. Never know when a site is gonna disappear or the internet will crash, so I like to keep a backup of everything I write. For...future cringe sake, I suppose. ...Anyhoo again, I proof read my post maybe...twice...then copy and paste it into the thread. Post done, yey! At some point while writing, I chug my glass of water an' not notice. 'Cuz I typically reach for it when I'm done to find that it's empty.

Rinse and repeat until I run out of time or have posted for all my partners, including refilling my water glass each time. I like to think it's the urgency of a bursting bladder that keeps me writing when I'm less than inspired by a thread's plot. Heh.

goShaveYourGiantHeadOfSmellWithYourBadSelf.png.330cfee24df61fd4cc42c52e66e63ab6.png

I don't have much in the way of placement. I suppose I find sitting at a desk or table better than lounging. Beyond that, I used to go in the exact order I received posts. Now I go by character, giving weight to oldest owed, and giving priority to posts directly impacting plot and/or group threads. Once I pick what I'm writing, the only other thing I need is the right music. The tone I want usually dictates for me what type of music I'll listen to. Then, I turn it to a volume that lets me sink into the writing and forget about the rest of the world. I usually keep the document I write in to a size I can place next to the post I'm replying to so I can reread for details and dialogue. I only switch to full screen for the document if I can't focus on the post or can't find the right starting words.

I usually find that the best time is after a long day of having to do other things. I'm tired, but the itch to write is stronger than ever.

gifbutton.gif

-Sit in my big fat recliner

-Crack open my laptop

-Turn on mood music

-Start posting spree!

Otherwise I just get to a post here and there when I can squeeze in the time. 

Reality is an illusion. 

I just....write.

The closest thing to a routine I have is if I'm on my desktop, I open my replies in tabs and sort them by character.

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

Guest Ember

It really depends for me. There are days when I need specific music, or a specific television show, playing. Other times, I need absolute silence, and still some I am in such desperate need of sugar and caffeine, I can't type a single word without them. Lately though, I've been really lucky in that everything has been flowing really well (not arguing with that, believe me); all I've needed is ice water and some kind of background sound and I've been good to go. From there, I open up my tracker (depending on which site I'm on) and go through things replying to threads. On one, I reply top to bottom or bottom to top. On the other, I plug characters into a randomizer and go forward from there. I've been thinking of changing up my routines though to kind of keep things fresh, I'm just not sure how to go about it.

I lacked a routine for a long time but nowadays, with multiple characters means more threads. I have started a tracker for the first time, ever... and it helps me tremendously. I mark off who I've replied to, erase when its owed. I go down the list and do them that way instead of worrying about keeping track of who I owe by timestamp.At times I will list/number my owed replies and ask peeps on discord to give me a number - making them choose the reply I am doing next. I must have music, preferably rock-metal. \m/(-_-)\m/ I like to toke and I gotta have my water or tea.  And I prefer to be alone. I can't write, especially with someone sitting right next to me.

Edited by Monroe

The only consistent routine I have is my to do list. I open a word document, go through a site, look at everything I owe a post for, write it down and then I add any new threads or posts I want to make. A lot of times I like to have a coffee or tea, occasionally I want music but that depends on my mood but the to do list is a must. It helps me focus and feel less overwhelmed, especially if I'm in a lot of threads.

I have no routine. I'm a mass of chaos and nothing is ever the same.

I write in the morning before work, I write over my lunch, and then I write when I get home. Sometimes I write on the couch or the office, and sometimes I write on my phone when we're out being social and enjoying the life.

Sometimes I have music in the background, sometimes I have something like Critical Roll up on the TV, and then sometimes I just sit in silence.

There are times when I open every tap I owe, and then knock through them one by one from oldest to newest, sometimes I only open the one I am really into right now and post that and close everything.