What are the Rites of Passage?

Rune

What are the things every RPer must go through? They aren't always fun (though, sometimes they are!) but everyone experiences them at one time or another!

What are the things every site/staff must go through?

Some examples:

Everyone is ghosted at some point. 

And every site has to have that person that wants a rank and only a rank... Then vanishes, never to be seen again.

• Agree 4

Having a plot you're really looking forward to that never ends up happening. 

Having someone take an adoptable and disappear. 

Site wise.

Having someone promise to post tomorrow and then tomorrow never comes. 

Having a lapse in activity due to busy times of year. (Summer holidays, etc).

Those are the main ones I can think of at the moment. 

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

As a player: everyone must have that partner who messages to say they're almost done with their post, but the post never comes (or comes weeks later). And the partner who godmodes and then says they didn't know it wasn't okay. And the partner who doesn't really read your posts at all before replying.

As for sites: every site will have that player who doesn't read the rules and thinks 'I didn't know the rules' is a valid excuse for breaking them. And the serial character creator who leaves people hanging and then wonders why people aren't jumping at plots with them anymore. And, of course, the person who thinks they will join a site as the new person and shape the site into what they want (or their old site).

• Like 1

Shady McShaderson

27 minutes ago, clipsed said:

Looking back at old posts and cringing xD  Means you've been  in the game long enough to grow!

This. Omg this. xD

I read posts I wrote from nearly a decade ago. -shudders- xD

• LOL 1

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

Never thinking you're going to be "that person" and then you are.

• LOL 1
  • Preach it! 2

WoL___dark01.png

4 hours ago, clipsed said:

Looking back at old posts and cringing xD  Means you've been  in the game long enough to grow!

I found my very first forum rp thread from years ago that I had printed out. SO. BAD.

Watching a game you're invested in die a slow death.

Witnessing (or being part of) drama in the chat.

Reading new posts while you're on the toilet.

• LOL 2
  • Preach it! 1

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

• Operations Mod

Having a partner that's way more into a plot or pairing than you are, or vice versa.

• Love 1
  • Preach it! 2

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

• Finishing a thread for the first time. Not because you got flaked on, or the plot/momentum fizzled. It just reached a natural end point. (this one took years for me)
  • That first smut thread- or better yet, the first time you get to a steamy scene and think I don't want to fade to black this time.
  • Finding a site with a great, active  member base but watching it die anyway because the admin aren't around for weeks at a time
  • Chatting about a plot idea with friends and then getting to watch it unfold, without you/your writing partner(s), because someone else 'took' the idea and ran
  • The crazy shipper that doesn't want to ask or plot for you character's love, just lowkey dies of thirst while pelting their character at yours in weird/random/nonsense ways
Edited by Jones
  • Love 1

operation: bowtruckles & bombs

R6MmD.png

Unrequited admiration of a role-player!

I can't be the only one who's been like "OMG this RPer is awesome" and then never gets up the courage to actually RP with them... right?

• Preach it! 2

Reality is an illusion. 

• Being the Last one to leave a dying site, effectively being the one to "turn the lights off" and close shop so to speak. 
  • Your RP idea that you were SOOO stoked about falls flat in the first 4-5 posts.
  • Be on a site long enough to watch cliques form
  • Preach it! 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg