Anniversary Ideas!

Huskerdust

We are coming up to our first year on WAB (which given my life this past year is an amazing feat)!

I want to do something special for my amazing members. What are some things you guys have done for anniversaries? 

Reality is an illusion. 

Every year we have a #th anniversary stamp for members! We also this year held games of Cards Against Humanity and a board movie night. 😊 We've also done OOC scavenger hunts and surprise IC events on the anniversary in previous years.

• Like 1

We have a badge/award they'll get. I didn't think of a game night though. That might be a lot of fun and I think we could get most of the players on board with that. Thanks for the ideas!

• Like 1

Reality is an illusion. 

I've done a new skin, special contests or raffles, an in-game item...I've started a topic where everyone posts their favorite thread(s) from the past year, which ended up being a lot of fun for everyone to reminisce!

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

I'm an idiot and posted to the wrong thread.

ANYWAY

CW does an "anniversary shop" every year.  You earn points by doing different things, everything from posting, to advertising to writing a haiku, and use those points to buy stuff you might not normally be able to buy. This year we had people buy parts of an event and if all were bought, it unlocked an IC event. It was a great hit!

Here is our most recent one.

I also take the opportunity to roll out any changes we might have stashed away and do surveys to get opinions on everything from activity checks to the shop.

https://rpginitiative.com/topic/5698-do-you-celebrate-anniversaries/?tab=comments#comment-37237

Relevant thread.

Edited by Rune
  • Love 1

I forgot about that thread! Should probably merge the two. Sorry about that.  

Reality is an illusion.