Favorite NPCs

CovertSphinx

So, I got the idea based on the responses from all the wonderful Initiates in this thread: https://rpginitiative.com/topic/9288-npcs-free-for-all-or-staff-duty/ 

I want to know: Who are some of your favorite NPCs that you've created, and how/why they came to be? 

Mine is a Non-traditional Vampire bartender who owns a lounge establishment that caters only to vampires and other non-human clientele. His name is Deonte, and he's a single dad trying to raise a rebellious teenage daughter (who can daywalk, placing her at a weird in-between of vampish and humanish worlds and daywalking is considered a bad thing). Loves to read books, is a kind, sweet, patient, and helpful soul who just genuinely cares about people. Also spoils his daughter beyond reason and lets her attitude walk all over him because he feels like her mother abandoning them is all his fault (spoiler alert, it wasn't he's innocent). So the guy basically gives his daughter everything out of guilt to make up for the whole, "single parent and you're an abnormality" thing. He was created as an axillary family member for said daughter, Antonia - and back then he merely worked a "a bar" to pay the bills. Then I needed somebody to work at a particular bar that became a "standard" and frequent place for people to place the setting of their threads - so I moved him over there, and eventually made him the Owner. He also tends to be a "fan favorite" with my RP friends for interactions. He'd probably become a PC if I could find him a wife. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

My best friend and I made Dave, a dementor guard at Azkaban that was very bad at his job. He made people just remember their really embarrassing moments instead of their deepest nightmares, and he liked to give people he liked rocks. It was very silly, which makes sense since the warden of Azkaban was literally... The Warden... from Superjail... so being silly was great.

• LOL 1

ac2204b883ba2b2c3b93079f6c58144be0db842f
Be a Part of the Story
Discord
NOW ACCEPTING CHARACTERS FROM NON-ANIMATED FANDOMS

I once NPC'ed fleas and that was great cause I just got to annoy people.

Other than that, I used to use my GM account as an NPC shopkeeper. This was kinda fun because I would quickly chat with all the players in passing who were buying things like swords and armor.

Edited by memoria
  • LOL 2

banner-01-88x31.jpg
Khyeras: an original fantasy RPG.

"I keep wanting to write 'dwarves' as 'drawers'."

"Land of the Drawers... we call it... Ikea."

Out of all the NPCs I've created, three really stand out in my mind as favorites:

Gravy is actually a joke NPC that kinda... became something more? It's strange LOL. Normal human city guard, originally included yelling about dragons attacking with potatoes (while an elf prince char was hiding in a tree chucking potatoes at him). He's since been involved in two sieges, and has shown himself to be not just a simple guard obsessed with potato-chucking dragons, but a courageous soldier who's loyal to the crown, and a bit of a beginner healer to boot!

Lord Sil'vaen is probably another super favorite. Dedicated elf dad who I can only use in flashbacks because he ded lmao! Fell in love with a lady who dumped two sons on him and left - very sweet and kind, ended up being killed in a raid on his manor as he shoved his boys out, told them to run, and not to look back.

Malakar was an old eastern dragon with thick white fur; he was originally found with his fur matted and unkempt, so dirty he looked brown, depressed and hiding in a network of caverns, waiting to die. He developed into a bard with some musical talent and a lot of lore/story knowledge, who became beloved of a little demon child interested in the art. Sadly, he was killed in a plot battle, and lives on in NPC heaven. 💔

I have more - including a healer dude named Sentin who should probably also be on this list BUT TOO LATE |D and an Empyrean dragon named Kurrav,  a few wolves, and a wonderful knight who's the brother of another char... I make too many. 😛

• Love 1

We ran a plot once where different Anime Worlds were being melded together as a side effect of some Heartless activity on a pan-anime/videogame fandom board. Being that Heartless are attracted to certain hearts....three little shadows ended up gravitating to one of our Comedy-Relief-but-has-a-cold-and-Dark-Past Ninjas (who also acted as the "dragon" trope minion for one of our Big Bads) ----- only to promptly be adopted, named after the 3 Musketeers, and given to the Elfen-like demon chick he was courting as a girlfriend as pets.  They made re-occurring fluff/comedy NPCs for a while, it was adorable and cute. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

One of my characters on a Harry Potter board  has an NPC Muggle wife (I decided to NPC her as opposed to have someone else play her because she's a Muggle and anyone playing her would probably have issues because of f that). She occasionally gets a co starring role in her husbands posts and she is a lot of fun to write (and at one point in an AU thread answered the age old question of "Why don't Muggles shoot wizards" and actually did that.) 

An Indian love guru who was pretty good at his job - at least sometimes. He wasn't just all talk but was actually pretty popular with the ladies (but he had a wife and a son, so no interest from him) but his main interest was to help others with their love affairs. The love guru gave them advice, tried to push them in the right direction and also tried to help out desperate singles. The most memorable moment was a series of blind dates he organized where a random guy and woman were randomly selected and went out for a date (these were not planned and random for real) and he was surprised that a few of them worked out. It was kind of a test for him.

2055148134_EOHbanner.png.530f7a6856f7b2fd0b4861da17014318.png