How often do you update site documents?

Penny

Things like your site plot + any important offshoots of that!

I just updated pretty much all of ours for the first time since our opening last year - expanded our site plot, edited our FAQ, added a newbie guide... and I think it's all very helpful! The site plot I might end up updating every season as new things come into play, but I'm not quite sure. How often do you update your site docs, and what do you normally change when you do?

ac2204b883ba2b2c3b93079f6c58144be0db842f
Be a Part of the Story
Discord
NOW ACCEPTING CHARACTERS FROM NON-ANIMATED FANDOMS

I probably should update mine soon actually. I haven’t updated them since we opened. 

Reality is an illusion. 

I honestly have never updated mine.  But I guess I would do it when something huge happened.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

I update them at least yearly. More often when something needing updates happened in the story.

• Admin

When necessary. I don't normally run sites with an overarching plot so much as a setting (I'm more of a sandbox admin). Rules, etc are updated as needed however last site I ran my rules were so short they were kinda silly.

Register with your OOC account first.

No Word Count.

Mature communicative adults only.

If you have to question whether something is okay then ask a staff member if it's okay to be sure.

Advertising is prohibited.

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I never had a set schedule, I just reviewed them semi-regularly, and updated as things progressed (or as things happened and I needed the presence of rules to prevent the ugly emotional stuff from striking again.)

• Agree 1

I update when things need updating, and as I think of things. *vague post is vague*

There's no set schedule. It's just whenever I think about it. I go through housecleaning and purging phases where I have to update and improve everything. 8D And when we come up with new setting info and finalize it, I update lore documents accordingly.

• Agree 1

soteadvert(1).png.4ef5e4df94405914a2b988b8ea3cde3a.png

Wow, some RP admins got it all together.

Most of the time, never. Gonna be honest, my 12 year runner only got its docs updated when one set of arcs ended and we started a new set unrelated to the last ones (ergo the setting was way different). As one can likely guess! Our docs were a hot mess by the end of it. #noregert Historically speaking, on other boards, I might adjust wording here and there in response to feedback on the docs, but generally, once there, they're there.

If I ever run another board myself... I probably still won't touch them ever again after the first write up. Hahahaha mostly because I forget they exist.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

Whenever members make the update necessary. Like if there's a major update/upset in one of the plots, stupid rules that need to be addressed because of "that member", or whatever seems important. 

Once a.....um....LONG while...I try to relook at some of the informationals and make them sound less garbage (try to word things more interestingly).

• Agree 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

I like updating things! Once every few months usually - it's busy work that I enjoy doing. I like keeping things as accurate and up to date as possible for newbies coming through. 

• Agree 1

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

• Operations Mod

I'm in the every few months camp. I expand plot information where necessary, add new species in for play whatever, adjust rules. 

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution