On Outfits...

Penny

On Outfits...  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm super curious! I know a lot of people don't really care about this stuff, but as a fashion lover, I got really into using Polyvore last year. When it went down suddenly it was like losing TekTek all over again. 😞 But luckily, Urstyle has (mostly) filled the void it has left behind!

ac2204b883ba2b2c3b93079f6c58144be0db842f
Be a Part of the Story
Discord
NOW ACCEPTING CHARACTERS FROM NON-ANIMATED FANDOMS

I don’t care too much about what a character is wearing at a given moment, however, it’s fun for special events. I like to describe and use find pictures. 

dcsEFuW.jpg

The SGC is part of the group, Federation Sim Fleet.

• Admin

I actually prefer to find pictures of the PB if I have the opportunity. Otherwise description or style thinger.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

This totally depends on my mood. If Noah is chilling in converse shoes and a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt I am not going to bother finding a picture for that, or designing something. It's a white t-shirt, we all have one. 

If I see my faceclaim wearing an outfit that works I will describe it over the course of my posts, and supply a handy link in there somewhere just for a fun reference. Or if I have something specific in mind sometimes I will supply a link. But I have limited posting time and really never had enough time or inclination to polyvore an outfit. I would do it for fun sometimes, for special occasions (like my characters wedding thread or something.)

I do describe it and find a picture too, pinning it in my Pinterest. It is necessary, because many people imagine differently the outfits of the 18th century than they really are.

• Agree 1

Most of my characters have a base casual style that they generally prefer that I include either described or drawn in their bio. if they need to dress up, wear a costume, pay special attention to clothing, or fit in for an event, I'll describe their look when I introduce the character to the thread, or touch on things when they are needed in the story, if they aren't dressed up I probably won't describe clothing as thoroughly in post.

• Agree 1

...and here I thought I was ambitious for even mentioning a color my character was wearing xD

• LOL 2

IKiE2z.png

I usually give a generic description of the overall outfit in one or two sentences in my first post of a topic, because I feel it helps imagining what first impression the other character can have.

If the character's dressed neat and swell and proper, it will send a different message than if the character's wearing dusty used up things. Or if the usually neatly-dressed one is in dirty torn garbs for example, it'll send an alarm signal to those knowing them.

But otherwise I don't mind much about the specifics unless it is relevant to the plot, and use no drawing nor pictures. Granted however that my characters are split between the sober clean looks and the down to earth or manual worker work clothes looks, so they don't really vary much.

• Agree 2
oUIk3c.gif
Devil's Tattoo - Clan politics, bikers, urban legends, cougars, wolves, coyotes, badgers and more... 
Plenty of canons available, and OC are more than welcomed as well

I describe it if I do at all. Like one dude is the type to wear expensive suits and another guy wears torn up jeans. I don’t really get that in depth with outfits but I like seeing other people do it. 

Edited by Zozma

Reality is an illusion. 

To be honest, I didn't know Polyvore even existed until it died lmao. 

Anyway, if its casual every day wear, I'm most likely to describe it as necessary with words. If my character is getting dressed up in something special (like the evening gowns that my vampiress insists on wearing to mundane events because she has to be Xtra in everything she does) I'll usually find a picture to link in the post that hosts the description. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

I usually don't care, and I'll describe if plot relevant, but one time I played a fashionista, and so I started a Polyvore account, it was CRAZY

Edited by Hypester

E5zAKhe.gif

I'll describe it always - it's just as important for visualization as describing the setting. It doesn't need much description, but at least a little. If it's a fancy dress or suit or something, I'll go more in depth, or if it's particularly tattered or disheveled. 

I have started creating sub-boards in my character pinterest boards for outfits though, to get a sense of their styles and whatnot. And if I have a relevant pin in there, I'll link it for reference. I just. I love the ability to have sub-boards in pinterest. So now I use them for everything.

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon