What holidays are you celebrating on your site and how?

Elena

Are they the world's specific holidays, or the seasonal holidays of real time?

I had seen both. On mine, If the holidays are in real life, but they are far away in the story time (e.g. almost never Christmas or Easter or others align in real time with the story calendar), we have in character song dedications, in character gift offering,  traditions discussions, greetings. We had contests too sometimes. We have celebrated Christmas, New Year, Easter but also local holidays like Thanksgiving, Halloween, March amulets, St. Valentine's day.

If the holidays are in the story, our characters celebrate them. We have celebrated both the ones which exist now too (Christmas, Easter, New Year, St. Valentine's) but also the Medieval ones which now are less known (Twelfth Night/ Kings' Day, Mardi Gras, May Day, St. John's summer fires, Michaelmas), with threads happening during the holidays and sometimes with graphics derived from them.

• Like 1

It's not a holiday but we've got an event running for this past Friday the 13th! It's a body switcher event, where some people suddenly find themselves in the body of another person! 

• Love 1

Reality is an illusion. 

It's not an official holiday (state or national) 

We just finished several scenes in our wild west RPG that celebrated our town's Founder's Day with a fair, several key events, and a dance.

• Love 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

As they are specific to the fandom, Yule, Durin's Day, Bilbo's Birthday and Lithe (the summer solstice, essentially) will be celebrated on the board. Durin's Day is essentially the dwarven holiday for the last day of autumn and the start of winter.

As most of these are seasonal, and celebrate a season, I will also be adding one for spring and a Valentine's day inspired one.

I like the idea of these as a way of encouraging people to mix with each other who might not have written with each other before, and to have some fun outside of the more serious threads.

• Love 1