Do you write new characters for sites or reroll them to suit?

Rune

I do both! I'll make new characters on every board I join, but I'll only bring old comfy characters if the game is different enough from the one they were in previously. That way they at least feel different, even if they're essentially the same personality-wise. Say I had a character in a Victorian era RP.... I would not put them in another Victorian era RP because it would be too similar... but I would bring them into a modern RP with tweaks so that they fit into the time period. Or I'd bring an OC from a Sailor Moon RP into a Harry Potter RP, with tweaks and a real-life face. 

Depends on the type of place I'm at. I will usually start with one I know I can use that I'm comfortable with. If something hits me to try something else, then I'll start something new. I tend to like to start off with a character that I'm familiar with and comfortable with and ease into things.

spacer.pngDecadence

I like to keep a basic structure to my characters, but their names and personalities are subject to manipulation based on the current site! Sometimes I will write a new character though, but they often end up stacked in my 'permanent arsenal.'

A little of both, I have some that will almost always work everywhere, and some that will not ever work without a specific set of circumstances, people etc. I love making new characters so, I'm always on the hunt for my next "favourite character ever"

The past is a place of reference, not residence.