Subforum Link Styling Advice

Alright guys, this is the skin I'm working on at the moment. See those hideous blue links to the right. I hate them. I don't know what to do to them. And now I am thinking about it far too much and I just can't get my brain around another option. Does anyone have any advice or ideas on what I could do to them? Should I change their location completely? Should I do something similar to what I have done for the replies and topics bit? Should I just say eff-this and make them lime green. (My brain feels like this is the most viable of my ideas so far! XD #bada55 )

forum view.jpg

Well, you can either move them under the rest of it, in their own line, or do block-like styling similar to how you did the reply and topic counters. Or both. Might be that it doesn't quite match the rest of the look you've got going that's bothering you. Either way, I'd make the link colour the same as the forum link. If nothing else, it'd match better.

Oh, another option, could move the last post info under the forum name? perhaps?, and then do block-styling like the reply and topic count blocks, and leave them in their own line instead of in-line. This way you get a nice blocky list. (Does that even make sense? I have no idea. I can do it in Photoshop if it makes more sense...) That might be more aesthetically cohesive option.

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

You've totally lost me on the second option (but I'm still drinking my coffee and I'm due to get on a plane so my brain power is really on the outs at the moment. I'm sorry!!!

So...last post under forum name. With topic description below that still? Or Maybe description moved to where the links are, and then the links going where the last post is? 

Drawing please! XD (Don't waste too much time...some dodgy arrows and I'll get there XD)

PS. Thank you for this - and I promise they're only blue because it reminds me every time I look at the home page that I need to remember to style my links XDDDDD

• Admin

I personally like a bottom bar option. That way you aren't leaving blank space when there is none.

So a block at the bottom of your forum with the box type styling of of the Topics/Replies. @Teenage Wasteland

• Agree 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I had a play and got to here. and the colour of the links ties into something I've done down in the stats! I know the spacing requires a little fiddling but I really like where this is heading. @Morrigan and @arceus Thank you!!!!

forumlayout.jpg

• Love 1
  • You're Welcome 1