Chatting before joining

Rune

I've personally never really had anybody stay longer than a few days before either creating a character, asking about the finer parts of the sites functionality, or disappearing like a breath on the wind. In Theory I'm unopposed to it though. 

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Guest LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

As someone who has been the lurker, I can say that I enjoy lurkers too. I often lurk in cboxes/on sites that we're affiliated with, or that I come across and enjoy, to chat them up, read posts, etc. cause they're just that awesome. And given that @Seahorse and @Kaycakes have been the lurking sort too, we actually welcome folks to come and lurk. In our cbox(well, not right now as it needs renewed and we're debating that) or in our Discord(always welcome there) they can come in, chat, and hang. We've had people from other sites come and hang. Sometimes they still just pop in randomly to hit us up, sometimes they are there often, and so forth. And we'll return the favor on occasion. I especially like hitting up people to congratulate them on site birthdays or just to wish them a great day. I love the sense of community it entails and builds. It's really nice. =D

Of course, this means we're talking the nice lurkers — not the rude ones. Lol doubt any of us like the not nice ones.

I don't really mind it too much, I think it's nice to see members chatting with guests/potential members. It only bothers me if they eventually express that they aren't joining but still continue to chat. 

I like it. 

I feel like I'm supporting sites I just don't have the time to join and show how much I appreciate the site. Especially if I absolutely love the stories or love looking at the skin. 

• Love 1

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

I've had a variety of experiences with it. From people lurking and reading posts without causing a problem to people that spend weeks chit chatting without making a character or even indicating an interest in the site/making a character. That's when its weird for me.

I don't care if people sit and chat or lurk and read. It's when they just show up and act like we've been best friends for years and they've always been there without indicating if they are making a character or even like the site. That's when its weird for me. Not 'cause I don't like talking to people but 'cause they're just there and I don't know why. And I want to write with them but I caaaaan't.

Doesn't bother me much tbh as long as they're not spamming or trolling

So I don't personally tend to lurk *long* in people's chats, but I do generally chat a bit before I either walk away or commit to making a character.

As an admin I am not bothered by someone coming into chat and hanging out - though I suppose if it was an extremely long amount of time I might be confused. I'd probably not ask them to leave though, unless they were causing trouble.

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.