Character Mod Testing

• Admin

You can start creating characters here:

https://rpginitiative.com/characters/

In here you can make a character and then post about with them in this forum to test it out.

List of currently known bugs:

• Signatures are not properly replacing.
  • When using the Group formatting it doesn't format the username, currently just uses "<strong>" instead of the replacement.
  • If the field is blank can we have it not show at all?
  • Some Field types don't allow required (Tried Radio and it disappears from it, appears the others are checkbox and checkbox set and no others).
  • pf_key Missing Language string
  • The pf_key isn't showing as usuable. This is pretty important so that end users can customize their look and appearance of both the author pane and the profile. Currently the "title" is a string instead of something user readable/usable.
  • When starting a topic as a character I get the following error (but only starting a topic, not replying to a topic, using OOC account works just fine regardless):
  • Deleting an account as is throwing an error (probably because they had no characters).
  • Moving a topic from topic list causes error.
  • Character list and other characters by this player has mobile visual issues.
  • A few other visual issues.
  • Need to get "new character" in modal preferably.

Super important:

Post bugs in this thread if you see any beyond the above.

Not in this version but will be considered for the next:

• Character on forum index.
  • "Check Player" for shared characters or a mod log of who posted as a character that isn't their own.
  • Other items as they come up.
  • Love 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

When attempting to move club threads into a different club 'topic' (I think of them as sub forums!)

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to IPS\forums\_Topic::canTag() must be an instance of IPS\Member, instance of IPS\characters\Character given, called in /home/rparchit/public_html/system/Content/Item.php on line 1464 (0)
#0 /home/rparchit/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(1464): IPS\forums\_Topic::canTag(Object(IPS\characters\Character), Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#1 [internal function]: IPS\Content\_Item->move(Object(IPS\forums\Forum), false)
#2 /home/rparchit/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(18): call_user_func_array('parent::move', Array)
#3 /home/rparchit/public_html/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(965): IPS\Content\rules_hook_ipsContentItem->move(Object(IPS\forums\Forum), false)
#4 /home/rparchit/public_html/system/Content/Content.php(645): IPS\forums\_Topic->move(Object(IPS\forums\Forum), false)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\_Content->modAction('move', Object(IPS\Member), Array, false)
#6 /home/rparchit/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(204): call_user_func_array('parent::modActi...', Array)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\rules_hook_ipsContent->modAction('move', Object(IPS\Member), Array, false)
#8 /home/rparchit/public_html/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(1139): call_user_func_array('parent::modActi...', Array)
#9 /home/rparchit/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(63): IPS\forums\_Topic->modAction('move', Object(IPS\Member), Array, false)
#10 /home/rparchit/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Content.php(671): IPS\forums\cms_hook_Topic->modAction('move', Object(IPS\Member), Array)
#11 /home/rparchit/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Content.php(215): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Content->multimod()
#12 /home/rparchit/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(86): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Content->__construct('IPS\\forums\\Topi...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Array, Object(IPS\forums\Forum), NULL, 'view', true, true)
#13 /home/rparchit/public_html/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(36): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->_forum(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#14 /home/rparchit/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->manage()
#15 /home/rparchit/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#16 /home/rparchit/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#17 {main}

Only one thread is moved, even when a bunch is selected.

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

• Admin

There is a mod update today! Check for all bugs above!!!

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Sorry, there is a problem

The area you are attempting to access is currently offline. Please try again later.

Error code: 2S100/4

Keeper RaWolfe

Owner of the Exonia Realm

• Admin

Should be fixed. 

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Quick question, will it be compatible with the Group Collaboration mod? Does it work similarly to the old mod in that anything that works with a user post will be compatible? (Wasn't sure where to post this)

• Admin

@Sae We will not promise compatibility with other mods. It is fully compatible with core IPS and unfortunately we are never going to code in collaboration of the group collaboration mod or the rules mod as they are extremely detrimental to the IPS overall.

It does, extremely similarly to the original 3.x mod and similar replaces user posts with their sub account. You can see that in action here in this forum.

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

• 1 year later...
  • Admin

Test

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png